Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Meh, I would only say that if they end up making the playoffs and the pick is in the 20s. 

Half of the turnovers have been lucky. Fumble recoveries and tipped passes right to him. 

It certainly helped light a fire for that defense though 

I mean, he's absolutely a player, and while "steal" you be pushing it a tad, I actually think more in line with Sherm. I will give up a late / middle round first for Minkah all day every day when H'es got three years of team control left. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Love it, Steelers take down the Rams.

Goff was under pressure much of the game and when he did have time, just didn't make great decisions.

That Steelers defense is for real. Top 3 defenses are clearly Pats/Steelers/Niners. 

Yeah I'd add Ravens and maybe Cowboys(if Bennett still has anything left) defense to round out the top 5 defenses. 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Meh, I would only say that if they end up making the playoffs and the pick is in the 20s. 

Half of the turnovers have been lucky. Fumble recoveries and tipped passes right to him. 

It certainly helped light a fire for that defense though 

Been hearing this for yrs(not just Minkah). Some players just have a nose for the ball. Hes always around for the "lucky" plays. 

• Like 1

Just now, sherm said:

Been hearing this for yrs(not just Minkah). Some players just have a nose for the ball. Hes always around for the "lucky" plays. 

I'm just saying that what he is doing is not sustainable over long periods of time 

Just now, sherm said:

Correct, and something Sherman said when someone said he's been gifted INTs this year. Props to Minkah for ballin out at safety, he seemed like one of those guys who could play multiple positions but not great at any of them. Looking like the top 10 pick that he was expected to be! 

1 minute ago, sherm said:

Correct. I mean, look at Ward and Tartt. @y2lamanaki brought this up on the podcast. Jimmie ward has 2 INTS in 56 games. Tartt has 3 in 55. It's not because they are just "unlucky" 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, he's absolutely a player, and while "steal" you be pushing it a tad, I actually think more in line with Sherm. I will give up a late / middle round first for Minkah all day every day when H'es got three years of team control left. 

I'm just jealous watching great S play. Though I'm good as long as our DL remains elite.

Just now, sherm said:

Yes it was. Great balance. Let's go Vikings. Man how many different teams have I cheered for today? Lol

You should root for one more and switch to the Cowboys. Cowboys beat the Vikings and our lead over the 6th playoff team is up to 4 games. That's better than the Vikings moving to 7-3. 

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

You should root for one more and switch to the Cowboys. Cowboys beat the Vikings and our lead over the 6th playoff team is up to 4 games. That's better than the Vikings moving to 7-3. 

Naw broksi. Never can I root for Dallas. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

So if the team needed the Cowboys to win a game late in the season to make the playoffs, you would root for the team to miss the playoffs? 

I never root for my team to lose...also never root for Dallas. It's been working for me the last 38 yrs...lol