How to sack the QB in the new flag league

3rivers

56 minutes ago, base615 said:

Bears pass rushers have sacked the QB more than any other D and haven't had a single roughing call. It's not rocket science, go for the ball and don't deliberately try to hurt people and you have no problems.

Yeah... it’s not so simple there summer child 

12 hours ago, Bobikus said:

Owners have to protect their $20m investments, who cares about the defenders.

Khalil Mack is a $20 million investment last I checked.  Its not only QB's who represent large investments, but that's besides the point.  The new rules were publicly supposed to be about protecting players and caring about them as human beings, but the only human beings they apparently care about are the ones throwing the football.  The rules in any sport should be fair to EVERY player and that's just common sense.  There shouldn't be a different set of rules for certain players.

13 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well I was thinking about this today. Think of the rules for a second...

1. You're not allowed to hit the head of QB

2. You're not allowed to go low on a QB

3. You're not allowed to wrap up and throw QB to the ground anymore

4. You're not allowed to wrap up and land with your body weight on the QB

The rules make it almost impossible to sack the QB. Because if you wrap up the QB and try to contort your body so you don't land on top of him then you could easily get flagged for throwing QB to the ground.

It seems by rules like the only way to sack the QB is to not wrap up and hit him in the chest and hope he falls to the ground and doesn't stay on his feet... Which is just crappy defense.

Do what Aaron Donald did to Cousins. Just wrap him up and throw him like a sack of potato's.

3 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Do what Aaron Donald did to Cousins. Just wrap him up and throw him like a sack of potato's.

I prefer JmBurt destroys joe montana , but this is a way to keep your weight off the QB. 

4 hours ago, megatechpc said:

Khalil Mack is a $20 million investment last I checked.  Its not only QB's who represent large investments, but that's besides the point.  The new rules were publicly supposed to be about protecting players and caring about them as human beings, but the only human beings they apparently care about are the ones throwing the football.  The rules in any sport should be fair to EVERY player and that's just common sense.  There shouldn't be a different set of rules for certain players.

No, they should be different to a degree. QB's are are essentially defenseless players.

8 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Yeah... it’s not so simple there summer child 

We seem to be having no problems whatsoever with at least 8 different players with sacks, most total in the league and zero penalties. Our top pass rusher is also on record as saying the same thing I said and that the rule is fine.

it is totally simple, if you follow the rules and adjust.

Also, I’m not sure ‘summer child’ is the right adjective for a 41 year old who has served in a couple of war zones.

9 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Isn't that still illegal by the rules. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to twist and throw QB to the ground. I think they made that rule last year.

Archived