Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

Tim Robinson is having a big year. Friendship debuted at TIFF a few days ago and those who saw it loved it. I can't wait to see it when it gets its inevitable wide release. Also, I believe just yesterday, HBO announced it is picking up his new show The Chair Company, where he stars as a guy fired from his job who starts researching a conspiracy. Sounds incredible.

Going back to Friendship, that seems like a movie made specifically for the extremely niche audience that I'm a part of. Yes it's got Tim Robinson, Paul Rudd, and Kate Mara, but Conner O'Malley, Eric Rahill, Carmen Christopher, and Whitmer Thomas are also in it. It's a Joe Pera away from being the perfect film cast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Tim Robinson is having a big year. Friendship debuted at TIFF a few days ago and those who saw it loved it. I can't wait to see it when it gets its inevitable wide release. Also, I believe just yesterday, HBO announced it is picking up his new show The Chair Company, where he stars as a guy fired from his job who starts researching a conspiracy. Sounds incredible.

Going back to Friendship, that seems like a movie made specifically for the extremely niche audience that I'm a part of. Yes it's got Tim Robinson, Paul Rudd, and Kate Mara, but Conner O'Malley, Eric Rahill, Carmen Christopher, and Whitmer Thomas are also in it. It's a Joe Pera away from being the perfect film cast.

Seated for whatever Tim brings us. 

• Like 1

Transformers One is apparently pretty damn good. People are actually comparing it to the original animated film with some even saying it’s better than Transformers ‘86 and an actual love letter to fans of the cartoon(s).

Why can’t we get a live-action TF like that? 😧