Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

^Looks like a pretentious snoozefest extended version of a Black Mirror episode. 

Netflix's original films have been pretty shyte as of late as opposed to their earlier hit-or-miss track record, so it's a safe bet it is at this point.

19 hours ago, August4th said:

Maniac is a miniseries and it has Fukunaga directing it.. this has serous talent behind it

A lot of movies and television with serious talent behind it turns into the worst kind of pretentious drivel.  It's a very fine line these shows walk.  You get either True Detective season one, or you get True Detective season two. 

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

A lot of movies and television with serious talent behind it turns into the worst kind of pretentious drivel.  It's a very fine line these shows walk.  You get either True Detective season one, or you get True Detective season two. 

fukunaga directed season 1 of TD(was not part of season 2.. rumored he didn't get along with the writer)

he hasn't directed a bad or boring project yet..just wish he would stop leaving projects lol.. he was going to direct IT(2017)

Just now, August4th said:

he hasn't directed a bad or boring project yet..just wish he would stop leaving projects lol.. he was going to direct IT(2017)

And have you read what he wanted out of It?  It wouldn't have been as good a movie if he got his way.

I just don't see it with this Maniac.  It looks derivative of a lot of other shows out there right now.  Probably just me because I don't like that type of Eternal Sunshine mind warp type dreamlike stuff.  It just bothers me.  I have zero interest in this show; therefore, I hope it fails and sucks so people don't try getting me to watch it.  I'm too old and too stubborn to try things I have no interest in trying. 

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And have you read what he wanted out of It?  It wouldn't have been as good a movie if he got his way.

I just don't see it with this Maniac.  It looks derivative of a lot of other shows out there right now.  Probably just me because I don't like that type of Eternal Sunshine mind warp type dreamlike stuff.  It just bothers me.  I have zero interest in this show; therefore, I hope it fails and sucks so people don't try getting me to watch it.  I'm too old and too stubborn to try things I have no interest in trying. 

read one of the drafts and understand peoples complaints in some of his unnecessary changes, but I still think he would of made a much scarier and effective film than what we got ..I liked IT for what is was, but I didn't feel any of the dread I got from the book..I think Cary would of had that film dripping in tension

lol I was thinking of eternal sunshine when watching the trailer...I loved that film.. that's fine if that's not your thing

Edited by August4th