Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

its film festival season, can start to get a idea of what films will be big players for awards season

looks like Chazelle has another hit on his hands with 'First Man', people at Venice loved it

can't wait to see the reaction to suspira this weekend and in a few weeks, Halloween at Tiff

Edited by August4th

28 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Now I wish they’d just scrap it altogether 

Not a big fan of the quote the tweet used. The academy also stated, “There has been a wide range of reactions to the introduction of a new award, and we recognize the need for further discussion with our members.”

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the trailer for Stan and Ollie on the recommendation of one of my coworkers (I'd totally blanked that the trailer was supposed to release this soon).  Passes muster.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Steve Coogan as Stan Laurel, but he definitely hits the off-camera Laurel that I'm familiar with.  And John C. Reilly is at times unrecognizable as himself and is just plain Oliver Hardy, in spite of the makeup not being quite perfect.

Now I guess I'll just sit back and wait for someone to complain that this is just derivative of Chaplin... even though Chaplin is 25 freakin' years old.