Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

54 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

preachy in what way? there is no preaching whatsoever in that trailer. 

No it's just because CGI, with like a 10 yr old Spiderboy or w/e. I understand the story. But w/e I see something like this, I think some cash grab with an overwhelming preachy message to little kids. I dunno.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

No it's just because CGI, with like a 10 yr old Spiderboy or w/e. I understand the story. But w/e I see something like this, I think some cash grab with an overwhelming preachy message to little kids. I dunno.

well i mean, one of the target audiences will be the 7-13 market. I'd be shocked if there wasnt some message for the kids to absorb. Not sure how that tarnishes the movie. 

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

well i mean, one of the target audiences will be the 7-13 market. I'd be shocked if there wasnt some message for the kids to absorb. Not sure how that tarnishes the movie. 

Not sure about the preachy part either, but it doesnt grab me.   Some parts I enjoyed to the trailer, but the CG looks odd, and it feels too, I guess you say....kiddified.     

Doesnt look terrible, and I might be tempted to check it out at some point, but overall it just looks meh to me.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not sure about the preachy part either, but it doesnt grab me.   Some parts I enjoyed to the trailer, but the CG looks odd, and it feels too, I guess you say....kiddified.     

Doesnt look terrible, and I might be tempted to check it out at some point, but overall it just looks meh to me.

Kiddified is likely correct.  My 8 year old and 11 year olds are beyond hyped for it.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Some parts I enjoyed to the trailer, but the CG looks odd, and it feels too, I guess you say....kiddified. 

This might just be because I'm an avid comic reader, but the animation has got me super hyped. Seeing the "thwip" while Peter is teaching miles to swing makes my heart sing. 

• Like 1