Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

18 hours ago, Tyty said:

I’m terrified about what the genie is gonna look like in live action 

Terrified that Genie is just gonna be Fresh Prince Genie. I like Will Smith but they should have gone with someone else with better over the top comedy that would be a little more in line with what Robin Williams brought.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Terrified that Genie is just gonna be Fresh Prince Genie. I like Will Smith but they should have gone with someone else with better over the top comedy that would be a little more in line with what Robin Williams brought.

I’m fine with will Smith, he’s a fun actor but I don’t know how much charisma he can bring to the role these days in comparison to the heat he was packing in the 90s. But I can see your side and understand why you and others might want someone who’s naturally and improvisationally funny like Robin Williams was 

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

I’m fine with will Smith, he’s a fun actor but I don’t know how much charisma he can bring to the role these days in comparison to the heat he was packing in the 90s. But I can see your side and understand why you and others might want someone who’s naturally and improvisationally funny like Robin Williams was 

True

Will Smith has witty sarcasm and a swagger that does well in alot of these roles but Genie is iconic the way Williams made him. I would have liked this role better had it gone to someone like Eddie Murphy. I know he's really hit or miss. But when he's on, he would have been as close to ideal as we could have gotten.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

True

Will Smith has witty sarcasm and a swagger that does well in alot of these roles but Genie is iconic the way Williams made him. I would have liked this role better had it gone to someone like Eddie Murphy. I know he's really hit or miss. But when he's on, he would have been as close to ideal as we could have gotten.

Think Murphy is cartoon typecast as Donkey tbh