Week 4 GDT- Eagles @ Titans

FutureIsWhite

If they have Sproles this week I could see him playing a major role against us, the Titans for some reason always seem to give away big plays to those kinds of RB's. But for me, almost more important than winning this game is to just to get some damn offense going. Conklin back could be huge, but I still need to know that Henry doesn't suck and that our receivers can be good enough to get through the season. 

The type of team Tennessee is, they'll at least stick around with anybody, sb champs or not. This game will be close but with Wentz and Jefferey and Sproles and Ajayi all back in the mix, this is a very different offense than a Fournetteless Jaguars so I don't think we keep them under 20 points. With that in mind can the Titans score more than 20 points without some special teams trick play? I don't know. I do think we lose this game but it's not all that bad of a game to lose. As a team that will probably be in the wildcard mix late in the year, the division and conference games really play a much more significant role than people realize, they are almost like 1.5 games and non-conference games are almost like .5 games. We've already gotten two big division wins, so those games show up as one win each but they're more important than that so we're already in a really good position. Losing a non-conference game against the best team we'll have to play from the NFC and falling to 2-2 is not a bad place to be. We could definitely sweep the rest of the NFC East too. Beating Baltimore and the Chargers will be more important for us than this game because both those teams will probably be in the WC mix with us at the end of the year, hell even the Patriots might be a WC team this year.

Just on a personal level in a lot of of years I have a pretty good feeling good or bad on a game week to week. With this Titans team I have no idea how to feel lol.

A lot of times I’m like the Titans should do X Y and Z to have a shot to win in games we don’t think we’ll win and it never happens but what’s been good about Vrabel and company I was pretty spot on on what the Titans needed to do vs the Texans and Jags to win and they did do it.

I havnt picked a winner in this game yet. I really want to pick the Titans. Vrabel has me confident LaFleur has me feeling good I guess it comes down to Mariota Sunday. 

Ill wait another day to pick but is Ajaji back? (Did I spell that right? Probably not) Sounds weird I think if he plays that helps the Titans out a little bit because if the Titans had to chance Clemens and Sproles around all day that could give us problems 

Wentz might put up good fantasy numbers but I don’t know Titans defense has been very good I don’t think this is a blow out either way unless 1 team has a bad day and constantly turns the ball over 

part of the issue is the only time we’ve seen this passing offense at anything close to resembling full strength was like, the first quarter of the dolphins game. and even then it really wasn’t, because it was the very first action after an offseason of installing a completely new system. between that and the injuries, it’s basically impossible to predict how this will go.

I'd like for our first offensive play of the game to be a play-action pass with a double move on the outside. Maybe out of 21 personnel with Henry in the backfield. Early in the game try to hit something deep to keep the defense from sitting on routes throughout the game.

We all thought LaFleur's offense might not be TE intensive, but so far almost all of Henry's runs have came with 2 or 3 TEs on the field. One of the TEs may often be lined up off the LOS. This could have something to do with our injury situation as well.

What cincerns me is Philly is much more used to getting pressure up field on both edges with their D to stop the run and QB from rolling out they also have better secondary then we’ve faced   So can we get enough power runs to slow down their get 7 and can we the. Make enough plays downfield to move the TE.  And on D yes stoping Sprea might be a huge issue as our LB and safeties are overwhelmed with There TE

Jacksonville has one of the best secondaries in the NFL so Philly won't be the best we've faced. Philly is strong in the trenches, but I think the back half of their defense is meh. 

They are strong in the trenches, have very good TEs, and a good young QB. At the skill positions, especially with the injuries they have going on, they aren't near as special.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I would absolutely love if we could somehow make a trade for Stefon Diggs. Why couldn't Gruden be coaching the Vikings? lol

I think they just signed him to a new deal..it’d be amazing to have him or even Thielen lol

11 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Watching Jared Goff... man we could have drafted that.

Similar situation to Mahommes. Really good coaches, schemes, and play-makers around him.

We hired Mike Mularkey and drafted Dorial Green Beckham.

We saw what Goff looked like with Jeff Fisher. Give him Mike Mularkey and we would have just ruined him like he did Mariota.

I mean one of those TDs Anthony Barr is supposed to cover Cooper Kupp. That is Sean McVay seeing that the WR crossing is matched up with a LBer and that LBer would have to follow him down the field if he wasn't running just a plain crossing route. He had him cross the field and then turn up it and he had 5+ yards on Barr.

Hey LaFleur can we try to have Mariota look like Goff shouldn’t be too hard right ?

Goff really has turned his career around. Granted it was only 1 bad rookie season and really wasn’t his fault because he has Fisher and company holding him back but I never thought he could do what he’s doing now 

I'm predicting a W 24-20.

I think our locker room has the cliche, "us against the world" mentality. After defeating the AFC darling Jaguars, winning 2 straight against division rivals in which they were scoffed at going in to both, bouncing back from the longest game in NFL history along with all the injuries to win both games, and now facing even more adversity with Rishard quitting the team, I think Vrabel's got these boys in the right state of mind. It would have been so easy for just one player to take the bait that was dangling in front of them and throw Rishard under the bus (even if it was deservedly so), but the tight lipped, "#ForTheBoys" attitude shows me how tight knit of a group they truly are considering how nothing got out and no one was able to take a story and run with it (well Kuharskey tried, but to no avail). Coming up on the right side of all this adversity has them full-heartedly believing they can beat anyone, even the defending champs, and it would all but seem they have completely bought in to Vrabel. I think with the home crowd behind them, the health pendulum finally swinging in our direction, and coming off of 2 straight wins, we ride the momentum and take this one against a still limping Eagles team.

When the week began I initially thought that we would have to ugly the game up like we did against Houston and Jacksonville to get the win, but as the week has progressed I don't think that'll necessarily be the case. Philly has the top ranked rushing defense as we all know, but their 15th ranked pass defense is where they can be had, especially now that McLeod is done for the year. This will be the opposite challenge we faced against Jacksonville who has the 20th ranked rushing defense and the 3rd ranked pass defense. Thankfully, it seems like we finally have a coaching staff who will attack a weakness rather than slam their heads against a brick wall until it shatters their skull, so I'm expecting LaFleur to let Marcus air it out a lot more. It won't be Rams-like spectacular without Matthews, Delanie, Marcus' hand still not 100% (was still wearing the glove yesterday), and Conklin's first game back where he'll have to knock off the rust, but I think it'll be enough to get the job done. We'll see if the defense can hold up, hopefully Adoree can be a go. We'll need him even if their weapons aren't all fully healthy, they're Super Bowl champs for a reason.

Archived