Survivor 37

Malfatron

Survivor 37 starts tomorrow at 8 pm on cbs.

This may be the first Survivor that I watch since season 1.

whats the typical show format that i can expect in the first episode?

There appear to be two teams, david (underdogs, think shady slim) and Goliaths (behemoths, think et80).

i assume there will be an immunity comp, where 1 team will win, and the other team will go to tribal council and evict one of their tribe members.

anything else that might happen?

what is this comp for?

we have no idea of the stakes

edit: what did the winners win?

741 pm:

i dont think i like the dynamic of the dav8ds picking the stuff. i dont really feel like the goliaths are overpowered. when i first saw them, i thought they were the david tribe

744:

did elizabeth just say "inbred"? hmm....

that public defender guy should build multiple alliances with everyone in the game

im lost. the boat hit a wave, and because of that, he hurt his back so bad that the medics are coming out and giving him a pain shot and he might leave

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

im lost. the boat hit a wave, and because of that, he hurt his back so bad that the medics are coming out and giving him a pain shot and he might leave

If you come down hard enough like he probably did in the boat, it can be enough to compress and injure your back. Same thing can happen in contact sports and motor sports (in fact, I believe the same thing happened to a NASCAR driver last year and he had a broken back).

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, dtait93 said:

My wife and I still dig this show

Same here.  We actually get in a $20 pool each season with about 20 people in it where we pick 4 Survivors, and they can get points for various things.  Like the we have Davie, who caught a squid, catching something gets us points (there's a whole big spreadsheet of things that can get you points), and the guy who got the hidden immunity idol also got me points.  We picked 2 from each tribe, just so we'd have rooting interests in both tribes.  We picked:

Davids: Gabby, Davie
Goliaths: Alison, Dan

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Same here.  We actually get in a $20 pool each season with about 20 people in it where we pick 4 Survivors, and they can get points for various things.  Like the we have Davie, who caught a squid, catching something gets us points (there's a whole big spreadsheet of things that can get you points), and the guy who got the hidden immunity idol also got me points.  We picked 2 from each tribe, just so we'd have rooting interests in both tribes.  We picked:

Davids: Gabby, Davie
Goliaths: Alison, Dan

I always forget their names until about the 4th or 5th episode when their faces start to become more familiar. That would be a fun way to keep it entertaining especially until the merge. That's when it gets good imo.

• 1 month later...

Archived