Kelly Bryant Transferring

PAW

19 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I thought this was insanely weak when I first saw it, quitting on your team just because you lost the starting job!? Give me a break, let the damn season play out, try to earn it back, if not, then leave... but the fact that this can actually count as RS year by quitting is a game changer, and no-brainer for Bryant. NCAA definitely becoming more lenient with redshirting which is good.

Soooo, Wisconsin?

It’s not being lenient, 5 games or more you can’t redshirt, 4 or less you can. It’s the new rule and it looks like it will pay of for him

20 hours ago, PAW said:

How so?  He would've got a very well paying job in the Greenville area just for being a highly respected former Clemson star.  Similar to Tajh Boyd who is making a ton of money in large part due to being Clemson's former QB.  Bryant has no chance of having that happen now, the fan base has completely turned on him. 

What does Boyd do now for a living?

On 9/26/2018 at 9:49 AM, PAW said:

Should’ve handled it like Jalen Hurts. Could’ve stayed with the team and only played if Lawrence was seriously injured. If Lawrence stayed healthy, redshirt and move on.

It’s interesting how earlier in the season the media caused an uproar claiming Bama was being disloyal to Hurts who was 26-2 as a starter.  Bryant was 16-2 yet not even a single similar peep of outrage over loyalty.  I guess 10 more wins (9 actually- if it weren’t for Tua, Jalen was 25-3) makes a big difference. Jk.  More likely Tua’s success helped shut up anyone who objected to such an easy decision.  This wasn’t exactly rocket science either and Bryant knew it. 

Archived