Kelly Bryant Transferring

PAW

Just now, mse326 said:

What? That doesn't even make sense.

How so?  He would've got a very well paying job in the Greenville area just for being a highly respected former Clemson star.  Similar to Tajh Boyd who is making a ton of money in large part due to being Clemson's former QB.  Bryant has no chance of having that happen now, the fan base has completely turned on him. 

1 minute ago, PAW said:

How so?  He would've got a very well paying job in the Greenville area just for being a highly respected former Clemson star.  Similar to Tajh Boyd who is making a ton of money in large part due to being Clemson's former QB.  Bryant has no chance of having that happen now, the fan base has completely turned on him. 

1. You assume he would want to live in the area

2. You are assuming he can't get a well paying job anywhere else.

Both are bad assumptions.

I thought this was insanely weak when I first saw it, quitting on your team just because you lost the starting job!? Give me a break, let the damn season play out, try to earn it back, if not, then leave... but the fact that this can actually count as RS year by quitting is a game changer, and no-brainer for Bryant. NCAA definitely becoming more lenient with redshirting which is good.

Soooo, Wisconsin?

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

1. You assume he would want to live in the area

2. You are assuming he can't get a well paying job anywhere else.

Both are bad assumptions.

It is going to be a lot harder for him to make hundreds of thousands a year right out of college not playing football without the connections-it is even for Harvard grads.  It is possible?  Obviously.  But making an assumption that is highly likely.

4 minutes ago, PAW said:

It is going to be a lot harder for him to make hundreds of thousands a year right out of college not playing football without the connections-it is even for Harvard grads.  It is possible?  Obviously.  But making an assumption that is highly likely.

1. Do you have a source that is what Boyd makes

2. Bryant is not as loved as Boyd was, or as good.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Weighting this equally, he'd be in the top 14% of QBs rushing and the top 38% of QBs passing, which would be top 5% overall or about top 7.

Weighting passing and rushing 2:1 would knock it down to about top 15 overall.

Just using your numbers tbh.

That didn't work out the way I wanted it too :(

I'd probably push him back to top 25 rushing and top 70 passing 2/1 ratio and he'd be roughly top 30.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

1. Do you have a source that is what Boyd makes

2. Bryant is not as loved as Boyd was, or as good.

Yes

Not as good, but (was) just as loved.  Bryant was from the area and was thought of as a great leader and person. Most fans understood how hard of a spot he was in being sandwiched between the best Clemson player ever and a player that may become the new best Clemson player ever.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont blame him, but he has literally no chance of ever being drafted, and he'll be lucky to get a chance as a UDFA....if thats what he is hoping for in the long term.

I think he just wants to play.  He likely knows that college ball is as far as he is going.  He can go out holding a clip board, or go out on the field.  It's a no brainer to me.  Even if the Buckeyes didn't have Tate Martell to back up Haskins, I still would have 100% supported Joe Burrow's decision to transfer.  Players want to play.

Archived