GDT Week 4: KC @ DEN

jolly red giant

3 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Does Keenum actually throw any catchable passes?

Thielen and Diggs made him some money last year.

I appreciate Keenum's ability to improvise, it's refreshing after Siemian, but his ball placement is all over the place. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm sorry like Case Keenum is not worth 18 million dollars a year. There's competent qbs that can do what he does. Musgraves game plan has been pretty good and Keenum cant score tds. 

Yeah but he needs follow through. The last 7 plays of that drive were passes. Whats up with that!

I've been really high on Musgrave this year, but I have to say that was a really bad 1H of playcalling for key plays- from Freeman's 3rd down TD run, to that crazy 4th down play (I get Booker is the 2-min drill guy, but that telegraphed the fake run so much, DT just bailed out a bad call there), and then the screen call with only 1 TO left, basically limiting our plays to get to the EZ.   We're way better than KC's D when we run the ball, I get being different a time or 2..but we should be pounding the rock more (I get the 2-minute drill, you can't, but more in general there).

On the flip side, I will tip my cap to Joe Woods, that was a great 1H of D calling, they had Mahomes guessing.   That TD drive and then our D holding (that FM call to make it 1st and 23 really helped, but pressure on Mahomes has made it a lot less sharp than other weeks this year) was huge, because the D was gassed after KC went up 10-3. 

The problem is that we played a near-perfect game on D, and we dominated in the run game - and we're only up 3 points, and KC gets the ball.   The longer we can keep it within 1 score or leading, our chances go up.  But this 1st drive is going to be crucial, because we've been able to limit exposing our weaknesses on pass D.   That can't keep up forever, just a matter if we can get enough big plays or KC mistakes to get off the field.  

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I agree if royce freeman is working why spell him with booker as well.

It's the 2 minute drill, and they used up all their TO's with the 1st down conversion, and then the bubble screen plays.    Booker's only out there because of pass protection (Lindsey would be there in time presumably).

Archived