Fire Mike Smith Now

BucsDraftGeek47

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Should we fire Todd Monken too? 

I mean the players just get zero part of the blame here which is a joke. How about Jason Licht? 

Monken has already accomplished more in his four games of calling plays than Smitty has in 36.

Licht doesn't coach.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Licht has brought in talent. The players just are always out of position. Scheme is the issue on D.

We've cycled through a TON of guys on the back end. The result is always the same. The only constant is the man calling plays and coaching the schemes.

27 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Monken has already accomplished more in his four games of calling plays than Smitty has in 36.

Licht doesn't coach.

Monken has become predictable and hasn’t adjusted. 

Licht failed in 2016 and 2014. Spence and Roberto over Yannich? Ouch. X2. 

You can place blame every where. Bc some of the talent reeks. 

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

Licht has brought in talent. The players just are always out of position. Scheme is the issue on D.

Or are the players just too dumb to comprehend where they’re supposed to be? 

We have a lot of older horses on the DL that are at the end of their prime 

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

We've been through enough guys on the back end that it seems more like scheme than personnel.

Curry has been quiet so far. But McCoy and (especially) JPP have been solid.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've cycled through a TON of guys on the back end. The result is always the same. The only constant is the man calling plays and coaching the schemes.

Mike Smith just isn't a good play caller.  Is he too predictable?  Possibly. He just is not getting results.  At one time Dom Capers was a fine DC in the league and won the Super Bowl  GB finally let him go.  Vrabel let Capers go after winning a playoff round These DCs accomplished more as coordinators then Smith.  This should be a easy decision.

5 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Monken has become predictable and hasn’t adjusted. 

Licht failed in 2016 and 2014. Spence and Roberto over Yannich? Ouch. X2. 

You can place blame every where. Bc some of the talent reeks. 

We do seem to have more Koetter tendencies the last couple games. Max protect, two deep routes. Less dump offs. That stupid Hump screen defenses call out. But we still have more intermediate stuff than before. Our pass blocking has been really bad the last couple weeks. No offense looks good when you're pressured almost 50% of the time. We've gotta fix that RG spot because it's making Dot look awful. And we know he's not bad.

The Aguayo pick stinks. But you're splitting hairs between Spence and Ngakoue. They were both picked where they should've been picked during the draft. Hindsight is 20/20.

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Mike Smith just isn't a good play caller.  Is he too predictable?  

Yes. I can tell what we're gonna do before the snap and I'm not at all well versed in that kind of thing. Nagy said he knew what we were gonna do and he planned for it.

Not making adjustments is 100% on coaching. You can't shrug your shoulders every week and blame communication. 

Smitty is a great guy, by all accounts. But he needs to be a great guy somewhere else.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Its a scheme issue. Smith never makes good gameplans. We faced a QB who is horrible vs the blitz and we literally him dissect us apart. The players being out of position is just horrible coaching. Football is Xs and O’s its not hard. Mental breakdowns falls on the players. However, there’s obviously an issue deeper than the players if these things continue to happen for 3 seasons no matter who the DBs are.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yes. I can tell what we're gonna do before the snap and I'm not at all well versed in that kind of thing. Nagy said he knew what we were gonna do and he planned for it.

Not making adjustments is 100% on coaching. You can't shrug your shoulders every week and blame communication. 

Smitty is a great guy, by all accounts. But he needs to be a great guy somewhere else.

Smitty and Alexander go hand in hand. I think we need to let LaVonte make calls instead. His football acuman is way better. And I’m fine with letting Kwon walk after this year. Beckwith can play MLB.

Archived