Fire Mike Smith Now

BucsDraftGeek47

Honestly I’m open to blowing the whole thing up this off season. 

This is the third straight year under koetter where we’ve laid a huge egg in the first month of the year where the team came out looking like they were still on the plane. 

Honestly coaching plays a part but to say the scheme is too complicated, well you can argue maybe were drafting stupid football players? 

I don’t feel we have a franchise qb. Fitz or Jameis are not the answer. 

You watch other rookie backs and I look at Royce Freeman and Keryon Johnson playing well yet we have Ronald jones who looks lost and doesn’t pick up the playbook. 

Im questioning Jason lichts evaluations. 

Again I bring up Yannich Neguechle vs Spence Bc JBF has a podcast stating multiple times when complaining on the pass rush: multiple scouts were selling licht on Yannich and he preferred Spence and then Roberto. So yes. Hindsight may be 20/20 but when word has it people inside one buc were high on him and we passed for a kicker it’s reallg sad. 

20 minutes ago, indifference said:

Smitty and Alexander go hand in hand. I think we need to let LaVonte make calls instead. His football acuman is way better. And I’m fine with letting Kwon walk after this year. Beckwith can play MLB.

I've been thinking about that since we traded for JPP. Cap space is tight and Kwon could easily be the odd man out. It all depends on how Beck returns from injury.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've been thinking about that since we traded for JPP. Cap space is tight and Kwon could easily be the odd man out. It all depends on how Beck returns from injury.

Maybe it’s not mike smith and that we have a not so smart player making the calls on the field? 

Kwon will make splash plays but he misses too many tackles and leaves the middle of the field open too often for my liking. 

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Kwon is the worst coverage LB in the NFL. There’s proof. His coverage grade has been dreadful. It never was his strong point and year 4, at this point will never get better. Time to move on. Great story, even better person but he isn’t a good LB. Cichy and Beckwith can duke it out. Or perhaps we draft a MLB with coverage skills. 

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Maybe it’s not mike smith and that we have a not so smart player making the calls on the field? 

Kwon will make splash plays but he misses too many tackles and leaves the middle of the field open too often for my liking. 

The middle of the field is open by design. It's pretty much the same concept as the Tampa 2. 

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Kwon is the worst coverage LB in the NFL. There’s proof. His coverage grade has been dreadful. It never was his strong point and year 4, at this point will never get better. Time to move on. Great story, even better person but he isn’t a good LB. Cichy and Beckwith can duke it out. Or perhaps we draft a MLB with coverage skills. 

He also overpersues and misses tackles. His splash plays are nice and he's good for a monster hit every week. But I'd rather have consistency.

He's got 12 games to figure it out.

31 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Honestly I’m open to blowing the whole thing up this off season. 

This is the third straight year under koetter where we’ve laid a huge egg in the first month of the year where the team came out looking like they were still on the plane. 

Honestly coaching plays a part but to say the scheme is too complicated, well you can argue maybe were drafting stupid football players? 

I don’t feel we have a franchise qb. Fitz or Jameis are not the answer. 

You watch other rookie backs and I look at Royce Freeman and Keryon Johnson playing well yet we have Ronald jones who looks lost and doesn’t pick up the playbook. 

Im questioning Jason lichts evaluations. 

Again I bring up Yannich Neguechle vs Spence Bc JBF has a podcast stating multiple times when complaining on the pass rush: multiple scouts were selling licht on Yannich and he preferred Spence and then Roberto. So yes. Hindsight may be 20/20 but when word has it people inside one buc were high on him and we passed for a kicker it’s reallg sad. 

Alexander, Spence, and Jones definitely dont fit the bill of intelligent football players. Great athletes though, count me in for a blow up of the coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

DC and MLB go hand in hand. A smart MLB makes calls pre snap and makes checks. They make calls to put their teammates in position to win. I’ve never seen Alexander do that since he has taken over. He is just not a high IQ guy. I’d love to sign Sean lee on a cheap deal if he is willing...btw

1 minute ago, indifference said:

DC and MLB go hand in hand. A smart MLB makes calls pre snap and makes checks. They make calls to put their teammates in position to win. I’ve never seen Alexander do that since he has taken over. He is just not a high IQ guy. I’d love to sign Sean lee on a cheap deal if he is willing...btw

Why doesn’t lavonte make the calls? He did in schianos defense and he was balling. 

11 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Why doesn’t lavonte make the calls? He did in schianos defense and he was balling. 

Usually middle linebackers do in most defenses. Before Alexander got here, David was the one making calls and our defense was actually decent. We need to go back to that.

Didn’t see this thread but now that I did I feel like it belongs in here instead of GDT

You guys catch the Sunday night game where Pittsburgh continued where they left off on their monster offensive performance from last Monday night?

oh wait they played a real defense nvm 

I wonder if Chicago is a safe bet to drop 40+ next week 

Archived