The Good, the Bad, the WINNING TEAM vs the Browns

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This subforum as a whole are down on him. I refuse. What an absolute animal Lynch is. He will be in the hall of fame some day.

I was here all offseason advocating for Lynch to stay on the team, and I'm happy hes doing well. All in all, he has probably been our best player this year. He is a joy to watch. 

But that doesn't mean he doesn't have his deficiencies. He has below average burst through the hole. Alot of those bruising 4-6 yard runs he gets would be first downs if he had that acceleration. I'm not saying our run blocking is great either, there are just some plays that should've gone for bigger gains if we had a Rb with more burst.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I was here all offseason advocating for Lynch to stay on the team, and I'm happy hes doing well. All in all, he has probably been our best player this year. He is a joy to watch. 

But that doesn't mean he doesn't have his deficiencies. He has below average burst through the hole. Alot of those bruising 4-6 yard runs he gets would be first downs if he had that acceleration. I'm not saying our run blocking is great either, there are just some plays that should've gone for bigger gains if we had a Rb with more burst.

I understand what you're saying about burst, but his current stats: 300 yards, 75 ypg, 4.4 y/a, 3 tds, 0 fumbles are darn good stats for a rb with no burst and crappy blocking..

9 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I understand what you're saying about burst, but his current stats: 300 yards, 75 ypg, 4.4 y/a, 3 tds, 0 fumbles are darn good stats for a rb with no burst and crappy blocking..

Of course.  I'm just saying there are bigger plays that are left on the field.  I'm super happy with him so far.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Of course.  I'm just saying there are bigger plays that are left on the field.  I'm super happy with him so far.

Lynch playing a beast lol.. the oldie Hall of Famers starting off strong Lynch, Peterson, and Gore... Lets see if Lynch is still running like this in November and December.. I'll for sure pay Lynch this offseason, but perhaps draft a young understudy on day 2 or 3 next year... Kinda wish we just cut Martin and seen if Chris Warren was the real deal.... Martin is a jag

Having watched the game last night, some opinions.

Oakland was fortunate to win. Browns had classic Raider blunders and very fortuitous calls go against them at the end. 

Cooper needs to be fed the ball. Jordy Nelson is a good guy to keep around 2-3 years. He's a good compliment WR. M. Bryant is an inconsistent wreck. Some guys, Carr included, got knocked around good. I think it's good for them. Maybe now he can remember he's not made of glass. First time I saw him QB sneak in a long time. 

Melvin is an above average JAG. No shutdown there, never will be. The LBs are a pitiful unit. So is the S unit, possibly worse. I'm not a Joseph fan at all, but I bet if he was starting he'd go a long way to shoring up the run defense. I see why noone wanted to pay Hankins or Melvin their asking prices. Hankins is 0 pass rush, but has good hustle and athleticism for a guy so fat. He's a better Ellis. Key is very inconsistent with good upside. Not just a pass rusher. Hurst has genuine upside. Still lacking a defensive leader amongst many other things. 

This is not a playoff team by any means. A better opponent would have handily beat Oakland. Still way too many missed plays and bumbling errors. Looked like the Raiders to me.

On 10/2/2018 at 2:44 AM, big_palooka said:

I was down on him, more because his antics last season than his play. But he's seemed to gel with Gruden well. 

Raiders still lack a hom erun hitter at RB and will need to find one in next years draft.

Lynch hit the homerun on sunday. They blew the whistle... :(

Archived