Week 5 GDT: Jax @ KC

onejayhawk

Great team win today.

C. Jones and K. Hunt with some dumb penalties.

I do like how they weren’t backing down though, Jacksonville was doing a lot of talking and for the most part I think we handled it well,  Dee Fords second was really tacky if we are looking at all the other things going on during the game.

Tackling is still a huge issue, run defense wasn’t much improve but when you’re up by 30 it won’t be noticed.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:17 PM, mayanfootball said:

Not sure if Sutton can pull this out of his a##, he's so full of sh^^. But for one game Sutton needs to be creative and scheme to get pressure on Bortles. This will help our DB coverage and may incite some turnovers.

Well I guess I called that one. 4 man rushes, sending 5 at times. I don't recall any 3 man Dlines. Great pressure on Bortles causing many turnovers. Tackling was improved somewhat.

Congrats to the Chiefs defense!

48 minutes ago, jimmydee said:

Mayan.... son, let somebody else brag on you!  It's not very becoming. And yes, the D looked moderately better with some pressure from up front.

Granted, Jacksonville isn't the best offense in the NFL, especially without it's LT and RB, but it was a really really good defensive performance.

18 hours ago, jimmydee said:

Mayan.... son, let somebody else brag on you!  It's not very becoming. And yes, the D looked moderately better with some pressure from up front.

It is what it was. It needed to happen. I was stunned Sutton realized it and called for what was needed. Is it possible Sutton is learning from his past mistakes?

43 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Jordan Devey replaces LDT. It's a quality drop at RG. PM will need to be on his toes. The pocket will collapse sooner than later without LDT.

Definitely a rough downgrade. Might be the most survivable one though. Devey between Morse and Schwartz will at least be flanked by good players.

Damn. That LDT was headed to IR was some kind of expected but it's a shame that Watts is hurt that bad as well. With Sorensen on IR i guess we won't bring back Watts later in the season. What a shame, i liked what i was seeing from him.

Zombo is back as well. Mhm not more than another body to throw in.

Personally i also don't like to see the Bengals game getting flexed to Sunday night. That's around 2 am for me instead of 7pm. I likely will miss that one besides a few minutes at the end, since i got to important things going on that week on work.

Archived