Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Come again? I mean healthy as in "able to play." McCray has been able to play, and therefore able to start for 2 weeks now. He's been replaced as the starter by Bell. This isnt secret information. Nor is it secret information that McCray struggled in pass protection in the games he started. He's always been a better run blocker. If you could combine him and Bell, you'd have a good starting NFL guard. Bell's skillset is better for a team that throws as much as we do...

"Healthy" and "Healthy enough to play" are two vastly different things. McCray is gutting it out for us because we need him for depth and they're hoping he can get healthy without having to put him on IR. 

Acting like a healthy McCray got benched for a healthy Bell is just idiotic. 

Also acting like McCray can't pass block is idiotic. He's been fine with a busted shoulder for the first few weeks.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is like the exact opposite of what happened.

+++

The kid just keeps impressing you,” Campen said. “The guy came back, he’s lived here and changed his diet. He’s been totally engaged with what Coach (Mark) Lovat and the strength staff have done in that room.

“I’ll never give a player’s numbers or weights or body fats and those things … but the things he has done and displayed this offseason speaks volumes to where he wants to go. I think you just saw he tip of what Justin will be.”

OK, I won't believe my lying eyes. But he looks heavier. Not saying it's fat, but he is bigger. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

OK, I won't believe my lying eyes. But he looks heavier. Not saying it's fat, but he is bigger. 

He's moving his feet significantly better this year than he did at any point last year. He's losing on hands this year, which is a much better scenario than losing on hands and feet that he was doing last year, especially at Tackle. 

44 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's moving his feet significantly better this year than he did at any point last year. He's losing on hands this year, which is a much better scenario than losing on hands and feet that he was doing last year, especially at Tackle. 

I've only focussed on him for one game. You're probably right. He's still a valuable piece to the OL as a Swiss-knife lineman though.

12 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I’m curious to see the following in tomorrow’s game:

1. Do they look prepared and focused?

2. Are they mentally ready?  Can they minimize mental mistakes?

3. Execution.  Are players making plays?

If the answer to any of these is NO, the 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread is gonna get active. 

21 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

"Healthy" and "Healthy enough to play" are two vastly different things. McCray is gutting it out for us because we need him for depth and they're hoping he can get healthy without having to put him on IR. 

Acting like a healthy McCray got benched for a healthy Bell is just idiotic. 

Also acting like McCray can't pass block is idiotic. He's been fine with a busted shoulder for the first few weeks.

So after the bye, assuming McCray is "healthy" and not just "healthy enough to play" do you see him being inserted back into the starting lineup? Bell hasn't done anything to lose that spot that I've seen. McCray struggled in pass blocking and I'll give him credit, he did have to face Hicks, Richardson, Payne/Allen those first 3 games which is daunting, but I was just hoping he'd play at Lane Taylor level and I haven't seen it consistently. Maybe it's the shoulder, but maybe he just is what he is...

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So after the bye, assuming McCray is "healthy" and not just "healthy enough to play" do you see him being inserted back into the starting lineup? Bell hasn't done anything to lose that spot that I've seen. McCray struggled in pass blocking and I'll give him credit, he did have to face Hicks, Richardson, Payne/Allen those first 3 games which is daunting, but I was just hoping he'd play at Lane Taylor level and I haven't seen it consistently. Maybe it's the shoulder, but maybe he just is what he is...

Everything's going to be determined by that injury. Is he going to need surgery to get all the way back? You're hoping it's just an AC joint sprain which will bounce back with rest. If that's the case I can't imagine he's not going to get that starter job back. If healthy McCray is only going to get better with reps and Bell is only going to get worse. And McCray was better coming in.

If it's a labrum/rotator cuff that's going to not get better until he can go under the knife, you might just let Bell carry those reps for now.

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The fluck has Perry done to be named team captain? 

It's a rotation of guys, almost random. Every starter and most of the key reserves will be a captain at some point.

Imagine trying to come up with the ST captain in week 16 with no repeats lol

Archived