Sunday Night Football - The Battle for Texas - Cowboys @ Texans

ET80

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

You misspelled obvious. That was clearly a penalty.

Completely disagree. The defender has left his feet before the WR is falling down. He can't control where he'll hit the WR. If you can't try and break up that pass what can you do? That's not dirty and it's not reckless, it's a guy trying to break up a pass.

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

You misspelled obvious. That was clearly a penalty.

Yea because it was obvious he was targeting and not trying to break up that pass. ¬¬

So if a receiver bobbles a catch the defender is just supposed to let him follow through and not attempt to break it up? Yea BS.

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Completely disagree. The defender has left his feet before the WR is falling down. He can't control where he'll hit the WR. If you can't try and break up that pass what can you do? That's not dirty and it's not reckless, it's a guy trying to break up a pass.

That is an excellent reason to change the rule. But that isn't the rule. Under the rule it was clearly a penalty. That's all that matters right now.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea because it was obvious he was targeting and not trying to break up that pass. ¬¬

So if a receiver bobbles a catch the defender is just supposed to let him follow through and not attempt to break it up? Yea BS.

No, he's supposed to not hit him in the head. This has been a rule for what 5ish years now? Why are you just hearing about it now?

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

No, he's supposed to not hit him in the head. This has been a rule for what 5ish years now? Why are you just hearing about it now?

The ball was is in a awkward position and up near the facemask. Plus this wasnt a helmet to helmet hit. He was clearly looking to make the breakup. Again it's a BS call. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

The ball was is in a awkward position and up near the facemask. Plus this wasnt a helmet to helmet hit. He was clearly looking to make the breakup. Again it's a BS call. 

What he is looking to do is 100% irrelevant. It was helmet to helmet and even if not that is also irrelevant as you aren't allowed to hit the receiver in the helmet at all whether with your helmet or other body part. Nothing about that call was BS

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Lol I actually think your biased. How is a guy in the area with the ball 20 yards over his head?

I didn't say I agreed, I said what was ruled and corrected a mistake of the rule. I would have ruled it IG.

Archived