Week 6 GDT: Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

CJ just proved why he's a bum. Defense played like dookey, but that's to be expected. Saleh needs to be fired yesterday, but he'll be retained. 49ers will win their week 17 matchup against the Rams backups ruining their draft position. 

Team is a piece of crap. 

Im real sick of your negativity, curmudgeon 

CJ played a gritty game. He's a backup second year QB. Im sorry, but were you expecting Joe Montana? I swear sometimes people who watched us win multiple superbowls are too persnickety.  

We are FANS. How about you try to enjoy the game for what it is? Entertainment. 

That was a hard fought game by a team with HEART. They battled tonight. 'No moral victories in the NFL' but they coulda/shoulda/woulda won and that, at least, is a step in the right direction. Lots of positive things happened tonight. 

KYLE called a helluva game. He had excellent clock management as well. Lots to like. 

WHERE WAS THAT HOLDING CALL ON SHERMAN IN 2012

defo had the sack, we were going to get the ball with 35ish seconds left on our own 40, maybe 35? Their rookie punter is excellent. Gould has been money. I felt like that really was the difference.

Rodgers walking around like he was hurt then gashing us for 40 yards.... oooffffff

Just now, PapaShogun said:

So we all agree Saleh's time has run out right? 

I think so. Don't get me wrong, not all his fault, but the lack of situational football iq goes straight up to him too. I though that third and 14 play was the perfect example

Just now, Forge said:

I think so. Don't get me wrong, not all his fault, but the lack of situational football iq goes straight up to him too. I though that third and 14 play was the perfect example

Eh..I could see them justifying it because the second half and literally up until the last possession, he called a great game. 

But I would like to see us move on from him. We're not performing to the level of talent we have. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Im real sick of your negativity, curmudgeon 

CJ played a gritty game. He's a backup second year QB. Im sorry, but were you expecting Joe Montana? I swear sometimes people who watched us win multiple superbowls are too persnickety.  

We are FANS. How about you try to enjoy the game for what it is? Entertainment. 

That was a hard fought game by a team with HEART. They battled tonight. 'No moral victories in the NFL' but they coulda/shoulda/woulda won and that, at least, is a step in the right direction. Lots of positive things happened tonight. 

KYLE called a helluva game. He had excellent clock management as well. Lots to like. 

WHERE WAS THAT HOLDING CALL ON SHERMAN IN 2012

defo had the sack, we were going to get the ball with 35ish seconds left on our own 40, maybe 35? Their rookie punter is excellent. Gould has been money. I felt like that really was the difference.

Rodgers walking around like he was hurt then gashing us for 40 yards.... oooffffff

My friend, I don't tell you how to feel. :)

If you don't like it, oh well. I don't care who it is, I can't stand chokers. I direct you to my old friend Jim Mora:

Just now, Forge said:

Pretty much. I'll give Ziggy a one year prove it deal as well. There are guys who can supplement the pass rush, but we definitely shouldn't rely on it to solve it. 

He can't stay healthy, as he's hurt yet again. Don't understand the love for Ziggy for this scheme. He's a power rusher. We need someone who can bend the edge and push QBs upfield, into the arms of DeFo and Thomas. Ziggy won't get it done playing on the edge in this scheme. He'll be better than what we have but I feel his impact will be minimal when it's all said and done. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mentioned it in the gen thread, but I'd still check in on donatel if we do fire Saleh. 

I like the way you think. Not sure if he would try to get us back in a 3-4, but that does sound fantastic. 

I actually think Saleh did a pretty decent job the last two weeks. I still hate the zone scheme we run but I think he did some nice things.. the blitzes mainly. I also liked how our ends started to realize that a run the other way will probably mean a boot roll out towards them. Realizing what the other team is doing and adjusting to it is how you have sustained success in the NFL.

Our defense in the second half of games is undoubtedly better... our offense seems to fall apart late in games.. 

IM INCLINED TO CONTINUE TO RIDE WITH THIS TEAM for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, why is Thomas playing as an edge defender? Why is Mitchell seeing a ton of snaps in nickel situations on passing downs? Why isn't Moore seeing action? 

1 minute ago, Geek said:

So what the heck is up with Spoon? Why wasn't he playing?

I hope it is because he's still banged up and not benched. He didn't even play all that bad the last two games prior to this game. 

Ward played well but injured his hammy again. Tough luck. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

He can't stay healthy, as he's hurt yet again. Don't understand the love for Ziggy for this scheme. He's a power rusher. We need someone who can bend the edge and push QBs upfield, into the arms of DeFo and Thomas. Ziggy won't get it done playing on the edge in this scheme. He'll be better than what we have but I feel his impact will be minimal when it's all said and done. 

I hate Ziggy, I will give him a one year prove it deal though. I was they most ardent opponent to signing him this year.  And you get your edge Bender in the draft. I have no problem playing Ziggy only on passing downs as the sde

Just now, 757-NINER said:

No one loves, but he is better than what we have. And if he could be had for a decent deal, I'd do it. 

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

So what the heck is up with Spoon? Why wasn't he playing?

I think its a combination of being banged up and losing a little confidence. I think they wanted him to push pause on everything by sitting out a few weeks, then slowly work him back in and build him up. 

That's pretty much what they did with him at the end of last season, and he DID play pretty well last year. 

Just now, John232 said:

No one loves, but he is better than what we have. And if he could be had for a decent deal, I'd do it. 

Pretty much. 

I'll take a pass rush of Ziggy, buck, Thomas, rookie all day over what we put out there now, and I'm a Blair fan

Archived