Potential Personnel Moves

Just Want A Title

I think he just means in general... Trade away Tate if you can.

I Can't believe I'm saying this... But if they're still serious about playing for the playoffs then honestly you can't trade Tate away cause there is literally no one ready to take the production. Both the other WR's are still producing and there isn't a TE on the roster that'll eat up those short yardage catches and Riddick can do only so much from the backfield. 

If you looking towards the future/draft. Trade Tate, we won't be as good this year but teams like the Saints/ Either LA team, POSSIBLY even the Bengals/Steelers would be interested in a guy like Tate. 

1 hour ago, Lionized said:

I would trade Tate. As much as I hate to see him leave. 

NO! I'd only trade tate if he's asking for way to much money! plus can't they tag him if they wanted and I believe there is other meat on the lions table they can trade besides there leading WR

59 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Tate's on the last year of his contract, why would a rebuilding team like Oakland or Arizona trade for Tate to see him possibly leave in 10 weeks?

I have no idea why a team like Oakland or Arizona would trade for Tate. That’s why I never said anything about them. 

52 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I think he just means in general... Trade away Tate if you can.

I Can't believe I'm saying this... But if they're still serious about playing for the playoffs then honestly you can't trade Tate away cause there is literally no one ready to take the production. Both the other WR's are still producing and there isn't a TE on the roster that'll eat up those short yardage catches and Riddick can do only so much from the backfield. 

If you looking towards the future/draft. Trade Tate, we won't be as good this year but teams like the Saints/ Either LA team, POSSIBLY even the Bengals/Steelers would be interested in a guy like Tate. 

I don’t believe that Brandon Powell is anywhere close to take on the production of Tate. However, I think that’s who they are planning to take on his role whenever the time comes. 

41 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

NO! I'd only trade tate if he's asking for way to much money! plus can't they tag him if they wanted and I believe there is other meat on the lions table they can trade besides there leading WR

I’m not sure what he is asking for, but the WR market is high rite now and he deserves to be paid. 

6 hours ago, Lionized said:

I’m not sure what he is asking for, but the WR market is high rite now and he deserves to be paid. 

Yeah I agree. All offensive players are pretty much worth more now.

Brandon Powell though... whew... I like the guy even but like you said man he's not Tate. That'd be rough but I kinda agree with your train of thought now that you mention it, they're basically the same type of WR with Tate just being smarter/better. 

Yeah idk, I want a playoff birth and that's not happening without Tate, but I'm not sold on the team, so if a team offered something like a 3rd round pick, I think I gobble that up and worry about what if later. 

7 hours ago, MortexLion said:

I'm torn honestly on what to do. I'm waiting till near the deadline I think to see what position I am playoff wise if I'm the Lions. Little early now to make a move being 2-3 with wins agaisnt GB/NE but with injuries everywhere, and losses against SF/JETs which idk are bad teams to me and Idk what Dallas is yet.

I can't sign a 31 year old to big money though. 

Carlos Hyde just went for a 5th round pick, and he had a productive year last year and was productive this year.  No way we get anything for Ameer unless its for an end of the bench LB/DL swap.  I think given his lack of value on the market means we should probably hold tight as insurance for KJ if he gets hurt.

Archived