#GDT - #1 Jags Defense vs. #8 Cowboys Defense

DaBoys

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

For me it boils down to how do you manage you club and the cap with your heart or your head?  I love Lee, but unless he is willing to take a big pay cut I would let him walk.  He will be 33 at the start of next season.  Do you really extend a 33 year old often injured LB?

Using my head, they are 44 million under the cap

they have little lb depth

why not pay lee the 7 mil and have an all pro on the team?

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

For me it boils down to how do you manage you club and the cap with your heart or your head?  I love Lee, but unless he is willing to take a big pay cut I would let him walk.  He will be 33 at the start of next season.  Do you really extend a 33 year old often injured LB?

No need to extend him at all. Just let his contract run out after next season. 

At best, you add an elite LB next to the two young studs. At worst, you’ve got two young studs who get to pick the brain of an incredible veteran mind day in and day out for another year if he’s hurt. 

If we were up against the cap, I get it. But with like 70+ million in cap room, what’s the risk?

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

So the Jags thought we couldn't do anything no matter what and they didn't take bease out like everyone else did for the last 1.5 years.

So next week when they double Bease, what we gonna do?

Stay on pace for 8-8

2 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Using my head, they are 44 million under the cap

they have little lb depth

why not pay lee the 7 mil and have an all pro on the team?

I hear you but lets look at  a couple of things.  One lets see what the landscape looks like at the end of the year.  Who else do we need to extend or what free agents do we want to go after?

Look at what some of the more successful clubs would do like the Patriots.  Belichek would cut Lee without thinking twice.  Of course if we do cut Lee, Belichek may be the first to sign him.  But I don't resign often injured 33 year old non QB's.

3 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

No need to extend him at all. Just let his contract run out after next season. 

At best, you add an elite LB next to the two young studs. At worst, you’ve got two young studs who get to pick the brain of an incredible veteran mind day in and day out for another year if he’s hurt. 

If we were up against the cap, I get it. But with like 70+ million in cap room, what’s the risk?

I'm at fault.  I thought his contract was up this year.  Thanks for the clarification.

Archived