GDT - WK 6 - "There is only attack, attack, and attack some more"

Hunter2_1

@Deadpulse 8-0 baby. Let me know when you need a W B| 

This team, at home, in October - seemingly against ANYONE is dirty hard to beat. I thought this Chiefs outfit (offense, at least) coming in would do exactly that kind of damage and it might have been a bit too much for our offense this early, but well done the OL, Brady, receivers and backs - everyone! Great win. It's up there.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Wow.

Game balls to Michel, Brady and Hightower?

How ridiculous is their O? I really don't want to meet them again, unless they're in the midst of one their crisis' 

I would give the game balls to Hightower, Ghost and Mason.

I don't want to meet them again but one thing is clear to me. NE needs to find another edge rusher. They don't get enough pressure on the QB. I think the offense will be very good or is already but the defense needs to improve.

I know the scoreboard says 40 but this is the best performance the Pats defense has turned in all year, given the circumstances and who they went up against. The game plan (did you guys see those exotic looks?) And execution in the first half to limit them to 3 FGs and a last second red zone turnover was all the difference in this game. This Chiefs team is for real. The offense will more than make up for their short livings on defense. They'll be right in the fold of AFC contenders at the end of the season. This was a great win and hopefully kicks the Patriots into full stride about how capable they can be..

I'm still confused why they were even throwing the ball at times. Specifically, the drive when Brady fumbled. The Patriots were running the ball down their throats with ease. The Chiefs front was terrible, McDaniels was overthinking things.

Crazy, they put up 40 points and I feel like they left a lot on the table. This offense can be scary good.

I think we can all agree the team has been spotty, at best. Probably the roughest patch since the opening of the 2014 season in many ways.

But for all that, if the season ended today they're the 2 seed in the AFC and have a tie break over the 1 seed. That's pretty good for a squad who's best football is probably in front of them.

21 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Wow.

Game balls to Michel, Brady and Hightower?

How ridiculous is their O? I really don't want to meet them again, unless they're in the midst of one their crisis' 

I’m fine meeting them again. Second half was misleading. They scored 31 points. 7 was off Brady’s fumble. 7 was off the run back. Without those two we have then held to 26. Then there were the two bomb with the busted coverage. That accounted for another 14 points. I can’t see the Patriots making those mistakes again or attests that many. 

The Patriots showed if they play disciplined football they can limit the Chiefs. They Chiefs had no answers for us 

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I'm still confused why they were even throwing the ball at times. Specifically, the drive when Brady fumbled. The Patriots were running the ball down their throats with ease. The Chiefs front was terrible, McDaniels was overthinking things.

Crazy, they put up 40 points and I feel like they left a lot on the table. This offense can be scary good.

The fact that Gordon is actually showing his potential is huge. He’s a legit top 10 WR when healthy. He’s actually a step up over Cooks. We legit thought we were going to be weak at WR after the suspension, not retaining Dola and Cooks and the Matthews and Britt injuries. This might be one of the strongest WR corps the Patriots have just off Gordon being added

16 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I know the scoreboard says 40 but this is the best performance the Pats defense has turned in all year, given the circumstances and who they went up against. The game plan (did you guys see those exotic looks?) And execution in the first half to limit them to 3 FGs and a last second red zone turnover was all the difference in this game. This Chiefs team is for real. The offense will more than make up for their short livings on defense. They'll be right in the fold of AFC contenders at the end of the season. This was a great win and hopefully kicks the Patriots into full stride about how capable they can be..

Yeah it was good, for the most part and certainly better than the scoreline. Without the Brady brain-fart and the 98 yard return, they are at something like 27-30. That's a fantastic performance against the best O in the league. Or one of the best.

Archived