2018-2019 NCAAB Thread

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I hope not. I want Belmont in. They deserve it.

Yea this is a depressing league. I’ll give Oregon a ton of credit though they knew they could only make the tournament if they won this and they took care of business and made it happen. 

TBF to the Pac 12, they are actually 3rd in national championships in the major 3 sports this century.

College World Series
Pac 12: 5
SEC: 5
ACC: 1 
B1G: 0
Big 12: 2

BCS/Football
Pac 12: 1 
SEC: 10
ACC: 3 
B1G: 2
Big 12: 1

March Madness
Pac 12: 0
SEC: 3
ACC: 7
B1G: 0
Big 12: 0

Total
Pac 12: 6 (5 baseball, 1 football)
SEC: 18 (5 baseball, 10 football, 3 basketball)
ACC: 11 (1 baseball, 3 football, 7 basketball)
B1G: 2 (2 football)
Big 12: 3 (2 baseball, 1 football)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm honestly highly intrigued to see how he translates in the pros. People want to use Giannis as an example of a big "wing" scoring without a jumper but he's legit one of a kind and it's not only his strength but his length that allows him to do it. Zion doesn't have that same length. Definitely a different type of special athlete though. I'll change my tune once I see him on an NBA court consistently doing things he does now. He'll no doubt have an impact day one on the defensive end and, his upside there is DPOY. I'm just a bit hesitant on how he translates offensively in the NBA. He's got a long future ahead of him, no question. Regardless of what others may think, I don't hate him at all. I just temper my expectations with prospects and look to dispel the notion that he's a franchise changer. Off court, he'll have an economic impact due to hype from ESPN and his HS Youtube stuff. I just want to see what type of position he's slotted in as a pro. Is he a wing or a big? How do you scheme the offense around him. It's fun to think about and will be interesting to follow. 

Yeah I am pretty much in same boat. Pretty high floor to me, but he's not even close to a once in a generational prospect (doesn't mean he can't turn into a once in a generation player), too many question marks. No doubt #1 still, but far from guaranteed franchise changer. I am definitely going to be interested to even watch what his immediate role is.

He's pretty much the 1st like able Duke guy ever lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Fair enough I watch zero college baseball probably because I don’t even think they show it in Canada I remember being in Florida for work and watched a tournament game and then couldn’t find the national championship when I got back home. 

That's absurd! Probably got some QMJHL hockey on instead LOL

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Redick is the man now, one of the coolest guys in NBA, but when he was at Duke!? Couldn't stand him. In fact I think his last year is what turned me into a true Duke hater.

Honestly, I should probably hate Redick for costing us Tobias and then proceeding to shoot like crap only to leave 3 months later. However, I don't. Much like I don't hate Gary Payton despite losing Ray Allen. Incompetence isn't the player's fault!

38 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

PAC12

and yes. it is an inclusive statement. all sports matter bro

I apologize on both accounts. 

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

That's absurd! Probably got some QMJHL hockey on instead LOL

Oh yea for sure. I know this is sort of a joke but I do get basically every OHL game included in my basic sports packages as well as every major curling tournament. 

• Like 1