Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

As I was bored, I made the mistake of venturing into NFL Gen.  There's a thread titled "What made Hue Jackson such a terrible coach?"  Curious, I clicked into the thread.  The first response read as follows:  "It's the browns, Hue Jackson is a good coach he just got ruined by the browns curse.  He was fantastic as the Raiders hc and a decent oc for cinci, how he regressed so hard is a mystery."

NFL Gen is beyond recovery at this point. 

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

As I was bored, I made the mistake of venturing into NFL Gen.  There's a thread titled "What made Hue Jackson such a terrible coach?"  Curious, I clicked into the thread.  The first response read as follows:  "It's the browns, Hue Jackson is a good coach he just got ruined by the browns curse.  He was fantastic as the Raiders hc and a decent oc for cinci, how he regressed so hard is a mystery."

NFL Gen is beyond recovery at this point. 

Guess which fan base made that post.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I had to look. 

Your opinion has been validated.  They will get the brunt of my 'sportsmanship' throughout and after this season.

It’s going to be nice sweeping the Ravens because their RB can’t throw farther than 10 yards. They have zero shot at the division next year. Hell Cincinnati will give them problems.

“Because they’re the Browns...” is the laziest reason I see all the time. From forum posters to tv talking heads, I immediately discount any opinion they have.

John Dorsey has literally zero to do with anything Browns before he signed on.

Since he signed on, we’ve been on fire.

Others know this, they’re just scared of the new reality.

15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

“Because they’re the Browns...” is the laziest reason I see all the time. From forum posters to tv talking heads, I immediately discount any opinion they have.

John Dorsey has literally zero to do with anything Browns before he signed on.

Since he signed on, we’ve been on fire.

Others know this, they’re just scared of the new reality.

They’re scare because a rookie QB threw for 700+ yards on them in 2 games.

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It was at this exact moment fans of every team in the AFC North became fans of JuJu.

Eh. I didn't like the Bengals' dirty players from our standpoint because we had to play them twice per year but it was good to see how Steelers fans would handle it if the Harrison/Porter shoe was on the other foot and they handled it by crying like babies. If a bully gets bullied I'm not gonna feel bad for the bully. I will sit there and watch him cry for a moment before I move on with my day.

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh. I didn't like the Bengals' dirty players from our standpoint because we had to play them twice per year but it was good to see how Steelers fans would handle it if the Harrison/Porter shoe was on the other foot and they handled it by crying like babies. If a bully gets bullied I'm not gonna feel bad for the bully. I will sit there and watch him cry for a moment before I move on with my day.

I never thought Porter or Harrison were nearly as bad. They pushed the limits, laid hits that were maybe unnecessary, etc., but we’re never as blatantly dirty as Vontaze.

The Steelers dudes would have pissed me off if I’d have played against them.  I’d have owed them a shot or two during the play, but I could respect them as competitors after the game.

Vontaze I’d want to high five in the face with a brick.  Zero respect for his bush league stuff.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I never thought Porter or Harrison were nearly as bad. They pushed the limits, laid hits that were maybe unnecessary, etc., but we’re never as blatantly dirty as Vontaze.

The Steelers dudes would have pissed me off if I’d have played against them.  I’d have owed them a shot or two during the play, but I could respect them as competitors after the game.

Vontaze I’d want to high five in the face with a brick.  Zero respect for his bush league stuff.

There probably isn't anything you can do that's worse than spearing someone in the side of the helmet and that is what the Steelers bad boys did all of the time. They tried and took pride in putting people to sleep. Just because more of their stuff happened during the play doesn't make it better in my book. I'll take someone twisting my ankle over getting speared in the side of my helmet. All dirty, all were fined, Bengal fans didn't excuse their dirty players at the rate Steelers fans did. Hell, they took collections to pay for Harrison knocking people out.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

There probably isn't anything you can do that's worse than spearing someone in the side of the helmet and that is what the Steelers bad boys did all of the time. They tried and took pride in putting people to sleep. Just because more of their stuff happened during the play doesn't make it better in my book. I'll take someone twisting my ankle over getting speared in the side of my helmet. All dirty, all were fined, Bengal fans didn't excuse their dirty players at the rate Steelers fans did. Hell, they took collections to pay for Harrison knocking people out.

That’s fair, but I disagree.  

The game has changed a bit over the last decade or two.  15-20 years ago guys looked for knockout shots, I did when I played.  It was understood when you stepped on the field.

Of course we didn’t know then what’s know now either...

Lighting up a ballcarrier is a whole different thing than trying to injure guys when the whistle had blown and the play is over.

imo...

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s fair, but I disagree.  

The game has changed a bit over the last decade or two.  15-20 years ago guys looked for knockout shots, I did when I played.  It was understood when you stepped on the field.

Of course we didn’t know then what’s know now either...

Lighting up a ballcarrier is a whole different thing than trying to injure guys when the whistle had blown and the play is over.

imo...

Yeah, it's all how you look at it. Harrison said he was saving careers after concussing Cribbs and Mo-Mass in the same game with spearing hits. Said he could end their career if he hit them in the knee so he is saving careers by targeting the head. He was fined how many times and continued to say he wouldn't change the way he hit. Shazier was nearly just as bad, he would always use the crown of his helmet to hit someone and was penalized (not as often as he should have been and I'm thinking the Duke Johnson hit) and sadly his story didn't end well. Could have as easily been Harrison, or Colt McCoy, or Mo-Mass, or Cribbs, or Brees, Fitzpatrick, or etc...

Both dirty I just think Harrison had a lot more examples.

Archived