Marcus Mariota: Is it Time ??

FutureIsWhite

I think those rankings are fair. 

I can see opponents of it, I can see them point to stats as a reason to disagree. 

Marcus was not without faults this year. But looking at the ones he is before, you can point to equal or greater faults in their game. 

I'm surprised but not surprised about Trubisky. I've heard him called running back playing QB. I see highlights but in know people have been crucial of his play outside of the scripted ones. 

Health would probably knock Marcus down the list if you had to choose, but straight up QB rank I think that's a fair ranking. Lowest I'd put him is 20. 

I've seen a good amount of Trubisky. He's an athlete playing QB right now, a lot like Locker. That said, he's shown some really good things and I think is only going to get better. Don't think he'll ever be a pure passer of the football, but def a guy that can cause headaches and sling the rock.

My personal opinion is that assigning blame for sacks is quite subjective and is not as simple as he missed this guy or held the ball too long, or the RB missed the pick up...

Listening to Blake Beddingfield last week he mentioned that in his film study there were numerous occasions through out this season when he thought it appeared that Marcus saw the blitz or pressure and was ready to deliver the ball, but the WR didn't adjust the route leaving Marcus to eat it and tke a sack.

In my personal opinion his issue with sacks comes from his inability to slide in the pocket and buy the extra second required for the WR to come open. He seems to wait stationary and get swallowed up by the rush, or scramble...lose sight of the field then a few seconds later he looks up to find an open receiver. He needs to get better at feeling the pressue, slide in the pocket and deliver in that fashion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Has anyone ever heard Beddingfield make a negative comment about Mariota? I don't believe I have. He was on the staff that drafted him.

He does have on Mariota glasses seeing he was part of the team that drafted him. 

I think he offers another slice of info on the pie that is Marcus. But you do have to keep that in the back of your mind when he comments on him. 

But here a criticism from him I found on his Twitter. Don't know if he has said more on radio or paid content. 

I guess i was using the comments he made to help justify what the other tweet was saying about atributing sacks to the QB. Also when listening to Beddingfield I didn't hear it as a full pro-Mariota conversation, he was asked a question about the volume of sacks he took, and he basically said some are on him, some one the line, some on coverage, some the defense just wins, and there were many instances that the WR's could have helped by making adjustments.

Probably an issue we had with such a you WR corps, and where a health Delanie is good for Marcus. 

• Like 2

"Given a chance to say the franchise was behind Marcus Maritoa as strongly as it has been since he became GM, Jon Robinson did not offer an outright yes during his appearance on @Midday180"

I didn't get to hear him, but that's what PK had to say about it.

Edited by TitanSS

21 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

"Given a chance to say the franchise was behind Marcus Maritoa as strongly as it has been since he became GM, Jon Robinson did not offer an outright yes during his appearance on @Midday180"

I didn't get to hear him, but that's what PK had to say about it.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

There is no denying confidence in Marcus is at an all time low. 
My low and say someone else's low is different of course. 

It is a very crucial year in his career and he will be doing it learning a new offense once again. 

The injuries concerns was bad enough but bringing in OC #5 has officially bought me to the lowest I've been with him.

I'm almost ready to go on and move on just because I feel we've already ruined him.

Our franchise isn't just WR hell, but QB hell, too.

VY and Locker had their limitations, but we didn't do much to cater the O to them. And now we aren't catering our O to Mariota. Let's say we had Trevor Lawrence...why would we cater our O to him?

• Like 2

I think the whole OC/Mariota issue has me at my low point with this franchise!!! I could live with it if Marcus simply wasn't good at all, if we just missed like say Jamarcus Russell. The fact that we have had this particular type of player for 4 going on 5 years and have not really done anything to accentuate his skill set is beyond ridiculous. 

I just feel like if they would have hired someone along the way that implemented an offense that most say would highlight his skill set...we would know for sure if he was good or not. As of now we truely don't know. Would a quick pass spread offense have kept him more healty...don't know, would his numbers be good enough to deal with missing 2-3 games a year on average...don't know, would he have worse numbers and more injuries...we just don't know. Now we probably never will!!

Would anybody be shocked if Marcus went to another team and made 5 probowls, probably not. Would anybobdy be shocked if he went somewhere else and started 1 year then became a career backup, probably not. That is a failure of our team to identify if he is a franchise player or not. So what are the chances that we do it with the next guy under the same leadership!!