Week 7 Bengals @ Chiefs

MrCincinnati

28 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Silver-lining?

We have elite players on our defense in Geno Atkins and WJIII.  Then some really good pieces in Dunlap, and Lawson.  The defense shouldn't be as bad as it is with that talent, but it's clear so far that Austin and Marvin Lewis are outdated and don't know how to utilize the talent that we have.  I don't want to overreact to the Chiefs offense crushing us because they are a juggernaut but the defense has looked bad all year... 

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

We have elite players on our defense in Geno Atkins and WJIII.  Then some really good pieces in Dunlap, and Lawson.  The defense shouldn't be as bad as it is with that talent, but it's clear so far that Austin and Marvin Lewis are outdated and don't know how to utilize the talent that we have.  I don't want to overreact to the Chiefs offense crushing us because they are a juggernaut but the defense has looked bad all year... 

Adapt or die.

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

John Ross out another few weeks with a Groin injury....just perfect

We just haven’t had a lot of luck with our first round picks. I was excited at the time if Ross would have actually developed and stayed healthy. But we are the Bengals. We can’t have nice things. 

I just wish instead of saying “well this is what we have, we have to make due”, actually going out and making a trade for a player. 

That Dre Kirkpatrick deal is so gross now. I wonder if the coaches still think he’s a top corner? 

4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I wish they would try blitzing Lawson standing up 

I wish they'd play him period.  He's routinely getting less than 35% of the defensive snaps.  Less than Willis, and about the same as Hubbard.

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

That Dre Kirkpatrick deal is so gross now. I wonder if the coaches still think he’s a top corner? 

He's been an ok #2.  And Dennard is good in the slot.  Corner is not where this defense is getting killed.

Just now, theJ said:

He's been an ok #2.  And Dennard is good in the slot.  Corner is not where this defense is getting killed.

Well at least not as badly. I really wish we would have kept Iloka and played Williams at nickel LB. Heck I wouldn’t mind doing it now with Fej back there instead of Nickerson/Rey

Archived