Week 8 GDT - Green Bay (3-2-1) @ Los Angeles Rams (7-0)

Leader

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I just want to impress upon people how unprecedented MVS's season is.  This doesn't happen.  We've literally found the next Diggs/Brown/Colston/Brown.  He's going to be huge for us. 

Whoa, pump the brakes there speed racer. How is it unprecedented exactly? And you think he's the next Stefon Diggs or...Antonio Brown??

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I just want to impress upon people how unprecedented MVS's season is.  This doesn't happen.  We've literally found the next Diggs/Brown/Colston/Brown.  He's going to be huge for us. 

Hopefully he'll off-set the J'Mon Moore pick.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I understand where you're coming from, from a historical perspective.

But I think to a certain extent we're now playing in a league that favors the offenses and younger faster players to an extent that's really never been seen before. Scoring is up 15% from last year. 

Teams have also figured out the positional values to a large extent. We're seeing teams go cheap and young at receiver rather than spending premium dollars or picks. They're planning around not having those bodies and making it easier on guys. 

Just now, DannyB said:

Whoa, pump the brakes there speed racer. How is it unprecedented exactly? And you think he's the next Stefon Diggs or...Antonio Brown??

Not comparing him to those players, comparing him to diamond in the rough style 6th round picks.  Less than 5% 5th-7th round picks have even 20 receptions in their first year.  MVS has 14 in his first 7 games. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I understand where you're coming from, from a historical perspective.

But I think to a certain extent we're now playing in a league that favors the offenses and younger faster players to an extent that's really never been seen before. Scoring is up 15% from last year. 

Teams have also figured out the positional values to a large extent. We're seeing teams go cheap and young at receiver rather than spending premium dollars or picks. They're planning around not having those bodies and making it easier on guys. 

True, but it's still exceedingly rare in the NFL.  EXCEEDINGLIER RARER with Rodgers. 

Just now, DannyB said:

rookie wrs don't have big production usually.

Course there's always Tajae Sharpe and his incredible rookie season.

Archived