J-ALL-DAY

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

Need list:

- Edge Rusher

- playmaker in the secondary

- Guard(s)

- Big Bodied WR

- maybe an interior D-Lineman

Agree with the top two. I'd be very surprised if we mess with the guards at all. I feel like Person has to be a lock to re-sign with the team next year. 

Big bodied receiver I suppose will depend. I could see the point of it, but at the same time, assuming Jimmy is more competent than CJ, it may not be necessary. I may prefer to look at another tight end to replace Celek. I think his time and play has run it's course. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just turned on the game and see Sherman is inactive? What happened to him? How have the corners held up so far? I know they got 9 points off turnovers/safety. 

Other than one big play, the defense has been pretty good...they're just dealing with short fields to defend. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Agree with the top two. I'd be very surprised if we mess with the guards at all. I feel like Person has to be a lock to re-sign with the team next year. 

Big bodied receiver I suppose will depend. I could see the point of it, but at the same time, assuming Jimmy is more competent than CJ, it may not be necessary. I may prefer to look at another tight end to replace Celek. I think his time and play has run it's course. 

I think a jump ball WR will help in the red zone.  Could even just be someone mostly there to do that.  Guards is more because not liking what we have outside of Person.

We need someone who will get those INTs especially seeing how we are now on a streak of 12 giveaways without a takeaway.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just turned on the game and see Sherman is inactive? What happened to him? How have the corners held up so far? I know they got 9 points off turnovers/safety. 

Couple of busted zones, because of course. I haven't seen any particular corner get roasted yet or anything. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

49ers as a unit have looked like a complete disaster. Fumbling the ball, screwing up snaps. Don't even look like professionals. There, now you are up to speed. Defense? Eh. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

You just have to have a sense of humor about it. It's easier if you didn't think that this team was very good before all the injuries. Once they all happened, this team was going to be pretty bad. The levels of incompetence are just humorous sometimes.

That being said, this is the best team in the NFL we are playing. This was always going to be a bloodbath. We never had a chance. 

Yeah but I just hate watching the mistakes.  We have to play perfect football every week to have any chance, any at all.  Wasn't expecting anything but a slaughter this week.

I think a jump ball WR will help in the red zone.  Could even just be someone mostly there to do that.  Guards is more because not liking what we have outside of Person.

We need someone who will get those INTs especially seeing how we are now on a streak of 12 giveaways without a takeaway.

That's why I think it may be a tight end we go after as opposed to a receiver. I think Shanny likes a certain type of receiver. Garcon isn't going anywhere next year, Pettis will be back, Goodwin will be here. The interesting thing is, there will be those type of receivers available in free agency. Benjamin and a couple of others. So it'll be interesting to see if we go that route. But I Think it could make more sense at the tight end spot. I mean, I wouldn't at all be shocked if we took someone like a Noah Fant in the second or something to be totally honest. 6'5, 240, and I think he'd get more playing time and be better utilized than a wr 4 we have a niche player. 

Definitely need a ball hawk back there, that's for sure. We really have awful ball skills. 

This is the opposite of when Singletary was coach.  We have a great scheme on offense and the defense is getting better but not the overall talent.

Which I'm fine with, bad scheme will stay bad. But we can acquire talent. 

1 minute ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

This is the opposite of when Singletary was coach.  We have a great scheme on offense and the defense is getting better but not the overall talent.

Singletary had a more talented roster in his limited time from what I remember. At least on defense. At the end of the day that's more important than scheme. You need talent in this league regardless of how smart you are. 

Hey look, CJ can't hold on to the ball again. 

Archived