Week 7 GDT: Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

Yeah but I just hate watching the mistakes.  We have to play perfect football every week to have any chance, any at all.  Wasn't expecting anything but a slaughter this week.

The schedule lightens up considerably the next few weeks. IT'll be a lot more watchable against the Raiders, Giants, Cardinals (hopefully...i mean, we can't turn it over 5 times again, right? Though I suppose if this game is any indication, we absolutely can lol). 

And I think the Bucs game could be fun at least from an entertainment perspecitve. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Singletary had a more talented roster in his limited time from what I remember. At least on defense. At the end of the day that's more important than scheme. You need talent in this league regardless of how smart you are. 

Hey look, CJ can't hold on to the ball again. 

Except we are a rebuilding team so the roster will be improved.  It's a better overall coaching situation than during Nolan.

5 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

This is the opposite of when Singletary was coach.  We have a great scheme on offense and the defense is getting better but not the overall talent.

I feel like on defense, it's more important to have talent and players who can actually play more so than scheme. If your pass rushers can't get to the quarterback, it just doesn't matter. On offense, scheme can certainly compensate for some of the lack of overall talent. I never thought we were uber talented on offense this year even before the injuries, but I thought we were going to be a decently efficient offense because of the scheme, and that's enough. 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

He just wants to give the game away. Fumble, botched snap, loses the ball when untouched but saved by NFL rules, and an INT. 

We need to cut CJ. I'd rather see Mullens.

Now, now, now. CJ is at least trying his best out there! His best is just horrible. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like on defense, it's more important to have talent and players who can actually play more so than scheme. If your pass rushers can't get to the quarterback, it just doesn't matter. On offense, scheme can certainly compensate for some of the lack of overall talent. I never thought we were uber talented on offense this year even before the injuries, but I thought we were going to be a decently efficient offense because of the scheme, and that's enough. 

Oddly enough once Aldon was added to the same defense Singletary had the defense got much better.

Archived