Week 7 GDT: Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

The question is...can he be a competent back up quarterback. At this point, even though it's only been a handful of games (which i think we all need to take time to remember), I think most of us can safely believe that he's not a starter in this league. But can he do the back up thing or should we look at replacing him. I think that has to be a legitimate question from the FO next year. 

There are things he is doing much better this year than last in my opinion, but his flaws are so amazingly glaring that they are really hard to put aside to even think that he's a competent back up. But then you realize the level of play that back up quarterbacks across the league have, and maybe he's not so bad? I don't know. 

Can't win games when you make so many mistakes. The interceptions, fumbles, dumb sacks, missed throws, even the botched snap today. We don't stand a chance, and ideally i'd want my backup QB to at least give the team a chance. 

I didn't realize we cut Savage earlier, but LIS...time to give Nick Mullens a shot. We're auditioning QB's to be Jimmy G's backup, and CJ hasn't shown that to be him. 

Just now, Forge said:

And see, even though I'm a Sweat fan, I wouldn't pass on the likes of Bosa for Williams and take my chance that Sweat pans out either because I need that pass rush solved. But we need a ball hawking corner back there in the worst way. 

I asked about Greedy and this situation a few days ago in the draft thread. I can see the argument either way. Greedy is a better prospect than Polite and Sweat but we're desperate for some pass rush. Greedy will probably be elite and Polite/Sweat might be elite. I would be fine either way but in this circumstance, I'm going to take Polite/Sweat.

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

This team is terrible. And our defense is so bad, that we would still probably only be a 6-10 to 8-8 team with a healthy Garoppolo. Saleh has to gooooo

I feel like the defense has improved a lot lately. They're just put in bad spots constantly.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I feel like the defense has improved a lot lately actually. They're just put in bad spots constantly lately.

Our secondary is just terrible. And our pass rush needs some serious improvement. Beathard could probably carve this defense up.

1 minute ago, Geek said:

I asked about Greedy and this situation a few days ago in the draft thread. I can see the argument either way. Greedy is a better prospect than Polite and Sweat but we're desperate for some pass rush. Greedy will probably be elite and Polite/Sweat might be elite. I would be fine either way but in this circumstance, I'm going to take Polite/Sweat.

Yeah, I don't know what to do there to be honest. Both positions have supporting players we can grab in free agency, but the corners available are all pretty much non-ball skill having corners with the exception of Ronald Darby, who's been terrible this year. Mo Claiborne has been really good again this year, but he's never been known for the ball skills. Edge rushers have some older guys and guys like Fowler who may give some help, but I wouldn't rely on them to solve any issues. Really tough situation. 

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Can't win games when you make so many mistakes. The interceptions, fumbles, dumb sacks, missed throws, even the botched snap today. We don't stand a chance, and ideally i'd want my backup QB to at least give the team a chance. 

I didn't realize we cut Savage earlier, but LIS...time to give Nick Mullens a shot. We're auditioning QB's to be Jimmy G's backup, and CJ hasn't shown that to be him. 

I want to see Mullens in there. Especially in a blowout game like this. 

Archived