2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

1 hour ago, byrdbrane said:

With Jeffrey Simmons not being at the Combine, do you guys think he will still get drafted in the first round?

Absolutely. Without question. I don’t think being banished from participating negatively effects his stock at all. I think more than anything it hinders him from posting great numbers that would see his stock go up. Now he’s just got his proday to ‘wow’ onlookers. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Absolutely. Without question. I don’t think being banished from participating negatively effects his stock at all. I think more than anything it hinders him from posting great numbers that would see his stock go up. Now he’s just got his proday to ‘wow’ onlookers. 

so what your sayin is...there is a chance he ends up in philly :D

He, Jawaan Taylor and Josh Jacobs are the 3 players I want in the most with the first 3 picks

12 hours ago, byrdbrane said:

so what your sayin is...there is a chance he ends up in philly :D

He, Jawaan Taylor and Josh Jacobs are the 3 players I want in the most with the first 3 picks

Yeah I'd like the Browns to score Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, and Ed Oliver with their first 3 picks!

31 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I'd like the Browns to score Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, and Ed Oliver with their first 3 picks!

I see what you did there...the difference is Jacobs is a second rounder (most likely) and I think Taylor may fall to the second as well

58 minutes ago, byrdbrane said:

I see what you did there...the difference is Jacobs is a second rounder (most likely) and I think Taylor may fall to the second as well

I'd bet my life that:

Simmons won't be there in the 1st for you guys.
Jacobs &/or Taylor won't be there in the 2nd for you guys.

Is Jay Ajayi returning?

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

I'd bet my life that:

Simmons won't be there in the 1st for you guys.
Jacobs &/or Taylor won't be there in the 2nd for you guys.

Is Jay Ajayi returning?

I am gonna remember this (prolly wont but who knows)

Good question- I rather move on and bring in Coleman as a FA and draft a RB 

if we cant get Simmons- I can take Wilkins ( I am not as excited by Wilkins as I am Simms tho)

Just now, byrdbrane said:

if we cant get Simmons- I can take Wilkins ( I am not as excited by Wilkins as I am Simms tho)

I don't even think Wilkins will be there. I don't think he gets past the Browns at #17 unless some other stud DT slides (Lawrence, Oliver, Simmons). I think you guys will have to do a minor trade up if you want a tier 1 DT.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't even think Wilkins will be there. I don't think he gets past the Browns at #17 unless some other stud DT slides (Lawrence, Oliver, Simmons). I think you guys will have to do a minor trade up if you want a tier 1 DT.

possibly- its all a guessing game- a few mocks have either of them going to Philly- but no one really knows.There is is much DT talent..what do you think of Charles O from texas?

4 minutes ago, byrdbrane said:

possibly- its all a guessing game- a few mocks have either of them going to Philly- but no one really knows.There is is much DT talent..what do you think of Charles O from texas?

I think he's got an incredible tool box, but was pretty meh on tape. I have him as an early 4th round pick, but he'll almost assuredly go higher because of his physical tools.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think he's got an incredible tool box, but was pretty meh on tape. I have him as an early 4th round pick, but he'll almost assuredly go higher because of his physical tools.

'do you seem him as an edge, DT or a Michael Bennett tweener type?

3 hours ago, byrdbrane said:

'do you seem him as an edge, DT or a Michael Bennett tweener type?

Probably a defensive end. He's got really good length and is definitely not strong enough to play inside right now on an every-down basis. I'm pretty sure he could play inside in time and on certain downs, but he gets good enough pressure as an edge guy to stay out there consistently. He has a very good rip and swim, but hasn't figured out how to use his hands yet. That's a death sentence playing inside the tackle box.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:15 PM, goldfishwars said:

I guess we're not talking Roquan, but yeah those two guys were freakish athletes for their size. 

Tremaine Edmunds was the best rookie LB(every bit as good as Leonard).  If he played for anyone other than the Bills, he'd have been an easy Pro Bowl pick.  

On 1/29/2019 at 7:44 PM, freak_of_nature said:

Does Wilkins project OK as a NT in a 3-4? He looks like he can be a pretty mobile, well-rounded NT.

he's a penetrating 3tech all day having him at NT would be a waste of talent. If you want an Ideal NT, Dexter Lawrence is your man

On 2/1/2019 at 8:15 PM, byrdbrane said:

With Jeffrey Simmons not being at the Combine, do you guys think he will still get drafted in the first round?

Pretty comfortably 

Archived