Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

Just now, packfanfb said:

The only indefensible position here is saying Martinez is better than Mosley...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/cj-mosley/8652

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/blake-martinez/10765

Oh really, please provide your expert (not pessimist) analysis. 

Martinez is a better linebacker right now than Mosley.  Sorry if I jeopardized any fragile pessimistic sensibilities you might be clinging to. 

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/cj-mosley/8652

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/blake-martinez/10765

Oh really, please provide your expert (not pessimist) analysis. 

Martinez is a better linebacker right now than Mosley.  Sorry if I jeopardized any fragile pessimistic sensibilities you might be clinging to. 

Isn't Mosley a 3 time pro bowl player?

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Why is everyone enamored with the Tramon to Safety idea? He would instantaneously become the least physical safety in the league.

You don't really need to be physical to be effective at safety though. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

PFF has him rated at under 65 this year.  Martinez is rated at 80.6 this year.

PFF does not have a bias towards Packers.

And lol, by that same logic...

Clinton-Dix has 14 picks, 25 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles, and 5.5 sacks.

That's a better statline for a safety than Mosley's is for a linebacker. 

I won't take the time to explain to you positional value either because you won't get it.

If literally any non-Packer fan looked at Clinton-Dix's numbers, they'd be screaming for their team to trade for him.  He leads all safeties in interceptions since he entered the league. 

Clinton-Dix - On Bad, bad defense.
Mosley - On good, good defense.

If you don't get it, you won't get it. 

You sure are impressed with yourself aren't you. The fact is you go to someplace to tell you what you see and believe. I've watched almost every Packer game since Dix came into the league. He's an average safety. I've also had to watch a lot more Baltimore football than I care living in Maryland. Mosley is a heck of a football player. 

Explain again how safety is so much more valuable as I continually watch our defense for the last decade get ripped down the middle because we don't have an inside linebacker who can cover it and haven't had a safety who could make up for that since Nick Collins. 

Spare me your intellectual superiority, you are a pompous dumb *** and always will be. 

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Why is everyone enamored with the Tramon to Safety idea? He would instantaneously become the least physical safety in the league.

He hasn't even played safety or has practiced at safety, not sure he'd be much better than Brice, he's gotten beat deep a couple times this year. 

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

He hasn't even played safety or has practiced at safety, not sure he'd be much better than Brice, he's gotten beat deep a couple times this year. 

Getting beat deep in man-to-man coverage and getting beat deep in deep coverage are two different things. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Explain again how safety is so much more valuable as I continually watch our defense for the last decade get ripped down the middle because we don't have an inside linebacker who can cover it and haven't had a safety who could make up for that since Nick Collins.

Wait a second... You're saying Nick Collins helped make AJ Hawk not a liability in coverage?  Doesn't that literally explain to you how a safety is more valuable to a linebacker?  Didn't you literally just do what you asked me to do? 

Isn't the fact that we've been allowing offenses to rip us right down the middle ever since Nick Collins ended his career proof that safety does more than linebacker? 

I'm really confused how you think otherwise. 

Linebackers are only as good as the DL in front of them.  That's why Blake Martinez is having a better year than Mosley and why Blake's career is on an upward projection as far as notoriety and why Mosley's star is starting to fade. 

You are gaga right now over Mosley because of his rookie year.  A year in which Ngata and Williams were in front of him. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Getting beat deep in man-to-man coverage and getting beat deep in deep coverage are two different things. 

If Brice can get burned in deep coverage, Tramon won't be that much better there. His overall coverage hasn't been great either, you can't just switch positions like that unless he's played there before or has been practicing there. Doubt they would ever make that switch in season unless it's because of injury.

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If Brice can get burned in deep coverage, Tramon won't be that much better there. His overall coverage hasn't been great either, you can't just switch positions like that unless he's played there before or has been practicing there. Doubt they would ever make that switch in season unless it's because of injury.

I disagree.  Tramon is like 38 years old.  He gets beat because of physical limitations.  Brice gets beat because of mental limitations.  Tramon has veteran level intelligence.  Tramon's coverage has been just fine when he's not expected to run with receivers ten years younger than him and faster than he ever was.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I disagree.  Tramon is like 38 years old.  He gets beat because of physical limitations.  Brice gets beat because of mental limitations.  Tramon has veteran level intelligence.  Tramon's coverage has been just fine when he's not expected to run with receivers ten years younger than him and faster than he ever was.

The play where Brice got beat deep vs the niners was not because of his mental limitation, he legit got turned around by a speedy reciever, Tramon playing that literally would not be any difference imo. You could even look at the play where tramon gave up the touchdown where he was completely fooled by Goodwin, his veteran intelligence sure didn't show up there. Idk, I just don't think the guy would make us that much better playing at safety.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

The play where Brice got beat deep vs the niners was not because of his mental limitation, he legit got turned around by a speedy reciever, Tramon playing that literally would not be any difference imo. You could even look at the play where tramon gave up the touchdown where he was completely fooled by Goodwin, his veteran intelligence sure didn't show up there. Idk, I just don't think the guy would make us that much better playing at safety.

I think he'd be fine.  At worst, he'd be league average, and that would make me okay with moving Clinton-Dix this year if it meant we also made a move for a pass rusher.

Williams at safety + Pass rusher > Clinton-Dix

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think he'd be fine.  At worst, he'd be league average, and that would make me okay with moving Clinton-Dix this year if it meant we also made a move for a pass rusher.

Williams at safety + Pass rusher > Clinton-Dix

I really hope we don't trade him right now unless it's for the premier pass rusher, but who is willing to trade that for a S unless we throw in a 1st or something? 

Archived