Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I tried to ignore that.  It was there.  It was apparent. 

That was my expression when we picked him too, since I didn't want him. I wanted his teammate the Ravens took prior to our pick, CJ Mosley

Just now, Golfman said:

That was my expression when we picked him too, since I didn't want him. I wanted his teammate the Ravens took prior to our pick, CJ Mosley

Clinton-Dix was still the better pick though, so...

Really though.  Don't get the persistent love for Mosley.  He's literally an average ILB right now.  People got infatuated with him when he had a good rookie year.  What has he done since?  Not much, and Martinez is a better overall player than Mosley.  Look into it and you'll see that's the truth. 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Clinton-Dix was still the better pick though, so...

Really though.  Don't get the persistent love for Mosley.  He's literally an average ILB right now.  People got infatuated with him when he had a good rookie year.  What has he done since?  Not much, and Martinez is a better overall player than Mosley.  Look into it and you'll see that's the truth. 

That's how I see Clinton-Dix, an average player. Not sure you could consider Mosley an average player. 

8 picks, 31 passes defended, 6 forced fumbles, averages over 120 tackles per year and 3 pro-bowls. I'd say he's better than average. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We could still trade Rodgers. 

Maybe that's why we didn't get Mack. 

Gute knew the Rams game was right before the trade deadline.  He knew it would be the best test for this team to see if they had any chance whatsoever to win a Super Bowl this year. 

It's been planned since the beginning. 

Gute gets two first round picks because he knows Mack's demands and Gruden's stubbornness won't mesh.  He knows what's-his-face in Chicago has delusions of grandeur and that he thinks he's one player away.  Gute ups the ante for the Raiders to get two first round picks from the Bears sent to the Raiders. 

Then he waits for the Raiders to trade away their best receiver. 

The Raiders now have 5 first round picks over the next five years, but Gute had to make sure the Raiders were 1-7 before he made the trade.  He's also hoping for a surprise Niner/Cardinal win today. 

Rodgers won't be able to do much in Oakland, but he reunites with Cook and Nelson.  McCarthy laughs as Rodgers now realizes how good he had it under McCarthy if he JUST took what was open.  Now he has to wait for Cook/Nelson to get open instead of Davante/Graham. 

Packers get 5 first round picks in the next two years.  We also get Derek Carr.  Not because he's good (I was definitely wrong on that one), but so we can have somebody to start until our next QB is ready. 

That means we would have 7 first round picks in the next two years.  That is a n entire draft's worth of first round picks in two years. 

If we can't find a decent QB and build a dominant team with 7 first round picks in 2 years, we don't deserve Rodgers anyway. 

Fun to dream about.  Can you imagine?  Aaron is the man but think I'd like our chances better with this trade.  Won't happen though.  If Gruden offered up 5 1st rounders and Carr tell yah I'd think Gute would take this trade.

Just now, Golfman said:

That's how I see Clinton-Dix, an average player. Not sure you could consider Mosley an average player. 

8 picks, 31 passes defended, 6 forced fumbles, averages over 120 tackles per year and 3 pro-bowls. I'd say he's better than average. 

PFF has him rated at under 65 this year.  Martinez is rated at 80.6 this year.

PFF does not have a bias towards Packers.

And lol, by that same logic...

Clinton-Dix has 14 picks, 25 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles, and 5.5 sacks.

That's a better statline for a safety than Mosley's is for a linebacker. 

I won't take the time to explain to you positional value either because you won't get it.

If literally any non-Packer fan looked at Clinton-Dix's numbers, they'd be screaming for their team to trade for him.  He leads all safeties in interceptions since he entered the league. 

Clinton-Dix - On Bad, bad defense.
Mosley - On good, good defense.

If you don't get it, you won't get it. 

Why do people think Clinton-Dix would get only a third round pick? 

He's tied for the league lead in interceptions and is the second highest-rated safety in the league (probably first after Earl Thomas' injury). 

He's not getting traded for less than a second round pick, and I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if a team like the Chiefs sent a first round pick for him at this point in the season, banking on a bottom 10 pick. 

Third round?  That would be literally the worst move Gute could possibly ever make.  Ever.  That would literally be a slap in the face to Packer fans and admittance of defeat on the season. 

That would literally make me quit football right now.  Trading the highest-rated safety in the NFL who leads the league in interceptions and leads all safeties in interceptions since he entered the league for a third round pick in value?  My God, that would be terrible.  I'd literally sit out the season if I was playing for the Packer defense and Gute did that. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

PFF has him rated at under 65 this year.  Martinez is rated at 80.6 this year.

PFF does not have a bias towards Packers.

And lol, by that same logic...

Clinton-Dix has 14 picks, 25 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles, and 5.5 sacks.

That's a better statline for a safety than Mosley's is for a linebacker. 

I won't take the time to explain to you positional value either because you won't get it.

If literally any non-Packer fan looked at Clinton-Dix's numbers, they'd be screaming for their team to trade for him.  He leads all safeties in interceptions since he entered the league. 

Clinton-Dix - On Bad, bad defense.
Mosley - On good, good defense.

If you don't get it, you won't get it. 

He gets it. His opinion is different than yours. That's allowed. Both Dix and Mosley are decent players. I'd argue Mosley is more consistent but Dix plays the more important position. You just dont like Mosley because of your irrational take on ILBs taken in the 1st round. 

The only indefensible position here is saying Martinez is better than Mosley...

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Why do people think Clinton-Dix would get only a third round pick? 

He's tied for the league lead in interceptions and is the second highest-rated safety in the league (probably first after Earl Thomas' injury). 

He's not getting traded for less than a second round pick, and I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked if a team like the Chiefs sent a first round pick for him at this point in the season, banking on a bottom 10 pick. 

Third round?  That would be literally the worst move Gute could possibly ever make.  Ever.  That would literally be a slap in the face to Packer fans and admittance of defeat on the season. 

That would literally make me quit football right now.  Trading the highest-rated safety in the NFL who leads the league in interceptions and leads all safeties in interceptions since he entered the league for a third round pick in value?  My God, that would be terrible.  I'd literally sit out the season if I was playing for the Packer defense and Gute did that. 

Why? You're not getting a 3rd rd comp pick for him next year when he leaves. Teams are not going to overpay for an inconsistent player like Dix. If we drop to 3-3-1 today and you start to question the rest of this season, you take the 3rd. The only reason not to trade Dix for the best offer at this point is if you still feel you can make a SB run this year with him. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Why? You're not getting a 3rd rd comp pick for him next year when he leaves. Teams are not going to overpay for an inconsistent player like Dix. If we drop to 3-3-1 today and you start to question the rest of this season, you take the 3rd. The only reason not to trade Dix for the best offer at this point is if you still feel you can make a SB run this year with him. 

This literally doesn't apply.  If Clinton-Dix gets traded, he's signing an extension immediately.  It will be a wink/nod extension at first, and then it will become real.

There is nothing limiting Clinton-Dix from signing an extension.  This isn't a Leveon Bell situation where he CAN'T extend, this is a situation where we will be giving a team not only a safety for the remaining 8 games, but a significant head start in next year's free agency. 

And for the love of God, quit calling Clinton-Dix an inconsistent player.  He's not.  He's been one of our most consistent players for the past three years, and you're getting confused by him packing it in and playing safely once Rodgers got hurt confuse you. 

He's not inconsistent, he's the highest rated safety in the league right now playing for a big contract, and he is the most promising safety prospect hitting free agency next year. 

Not only that, the Packers aren't stupid.  The Packers are guaranteed a third round pick from Clinton-Dix.  They also have all the power in the world with his situation.  They can tag him. 

This is a case of a top player at his position who has virtually zero injury history and has consistently shown a knack for playmaking.  If Clinton-Dix was on literally any other team right now, you - YES, YOU, PACKFANFB - would be SCREAMING for the Packers to trade for him.

Your pessimism is so rank it's clouding your vision.  I just likened your pessimism to a scent that blurs your vision.  That's how bad it is. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

you're not wrong cause amari fetched a 1st for 8 games, but it seems wild to me that a team would throw a 1st for 8 games of a solid safety. 

It's not throwing a first for 8 games for a solid safety, it's throwing a first for an injury-free, top-ranked player at his position that is hitting the open market in a year or getting franchise tagged by the team he currently plays for without having to pay him open market money and instead extending him. 

Archived