Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Irvin needs to be in a very specific defense on account of weighing 235 pounds, standing straight up in his stance, and possessing all the upper body strength of your average girl scout.

That's the opposite of this scheme.

Oren burks

#triggered

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@VonKarman was Andre Iguodala a FA for the Warriors?  Andrew Bogut?

A major one? Iggy never averaged 10ppp in the Warriors. Bogut played like 10 games the season before landing in California due to a broken foot and also never averaged 10ppp. And I know they both were great defenders, but still, I wouldn't call them major.

2 hours ago, VonKarman said:

A major one? Iggy never averaged 10ppp in the Warriors. Bogut played like 10 games the season before landing in California due to a broken foot and also never averaged 10ppp. And I know they both were great defenders, but still, I wouldn't call them major.

NBA finals MVP not a major FA signing?

Defensive abilities, ball movement, matchup challenge in the "death lineup"?

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

You think a high profile FA is coming to Milwaukee on a discount anytime soon under any circumstances?

If they drafted second and third all NBA candidates to join Giannis - yes. The small market violin playing is overblown in today's NBA. You can get endorsements playing anywhere. And this is coming from a fan of a team in a small market. 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  What was the last team in the NBA to win a Championship by drafting well and not signing at least two major free agents?

The point is KD would have never signed there if they didn't draft 1 MVP, and two potential All-NBA type players. The warriors were not a destination. They drafted themselves into one

1 hour ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

If they drafted second and third all NBA candidates to join Giannis - yes. The small market violin playing is overblown in today's NBA. You can get endorsements playing anywhere. And this is coming from a fan of a team in a small market. 

Don't know what the first sentence even means. 

Has nothing to do with small market or endorsements. They don't want to live in Milwaukee. 

"You gotta mess with the media a little," he said of the situation. "Because I know I was not going to go to the Milwaukee Bucks. It's the Milwaukee Bucks. Unless they give you good, good money, then go, but you don't leave New York for Milwaukee."

Los Angeles, CA

Miami, FL

Oakland, CA

Houston, TX

Milwaukee, WI

If you can't figure it out, I can't help you. The proof is in the pudding

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Don't know what the first sentence even means. 

Has nothing to do with small market or endorsements. They don't want to live in Milwaukee. 

"You gotta mess with the media a little," he said of the situation. "Because I know I was not going to go to the Milwaukee Bucks. It's the Milwaukee Bucks. Unless they give you good, good money, then go, but you don't leave New York for Milwaukee."

Los Angeles, CA

Miami, FL

Oakland, CA

Houston, TX

Milwaukee, WI

If you can't figure it out, I can't help you. The proof is in the pudding

There's truth to what you're saying, but there are plenty of recent All-Stars who have signed or re-signed in "non-premium" markets. Aldridge to San Antonio, Millsap to Denver, Paul George in OKC, DeRozan and Lowry in Toronto. I don't know anything about Milwaukee—maybe it's so bad you're correct—but I agree with  @SpeightTheVillain that the small market thing is overblown. You can be competitive in the NBA without being a destination city or major TV market. The Raptors are proving it right now. So are the Jazz.

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know enough about the NBA to argue this, so somebody post a trade rumor.  Even if you have to make it up.

I was speaking with Arrigo and he says a trade for Dante Fowler is imminent as we speak!  There you happy now Outpost?  ha ha ha...We are getting awfully close to the deadline so far crickets.  

Archived