Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Montgomery to the Patriots?  - Maybe he could return kicks for them this week.

My guess is you're going to see Patriots pick up Desean Jackson. He wants out of Tampa. Seems logical NE will make a play. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

My guess is you're going to see Patriots pick up Desean Jackson. He wants out of Tampa. Seems logical NE will make a play. 

The Bucs would be stupid to trade him - especially since it seems FitzMagic is about to take over at QB again (or should IMO at least.....).
He's far more a "downfield chucker" than Winston - Jackson loves him for that and his best production comes when Fitz is the QB.
IMO -- if the Bucs do move him, think that more an admission their D is substandard, they have no shot in the NFC South - so take the picks and look forward.
Today they're two games behind second place CAR.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Good news is, going off the Breeland scale, whoever we trade for today or tomorrow should crack the lineup wild card weekend.

Hahahaha.......sadly funny.....and true!
What is with this guy???? Hell - he's not played a down of D since who knows when. I'm hoping for this veteran DB - but he's aging right before us on our sideline!

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hahahaha.......sadly funny.....and true!
What is with this guy???? Hell - he's not played a down of D since who knows when. I'm hoping for this veteran DB - but he's aging right before us on our sideline!

He tweaked a hammy in practice and now I think they're going to be ultra conservative bringing him back in. After watching Tramon's film though something tells me that will be next week he debuts.

He tweaked a hammy in practice and now I think they're going to be ultra conservative bringing him back in. After watching Tramon's film though something tells me that will be next week he debuts.

I mean at this point it has to be beyond the injury right? He wasn't even on the injury report on Friday, meaning (especially in GB) he's 120% healthy because at 110% healthy you're still questionable on this team. 

Also, he's practiced every week even with the hammy injury. Hell, someone wrote an article about his last week saying how impressive he's been in practice....

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Seriously.  I'm not a Tramon-hater but he's showing no signs of life in coverage. It happens to everybody. Unfortunately its happening in real time on our watch.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean at this point it has to be beyond the injury right? He wasn't even on the injury report on Friday, meaning (especially in GB) he's 120% healthy because at 110% healthy you're still questionable on this team. 

Also, he's practiced every week even with the hammy injury. Hell, someone wrote an article about his last week saying how impressive he's been in practice....

I think it's a football shape thing. If you pull a hammy in practice are you ready for a game? They want him in December so if they rush him in now and he gets hurt it was pointless. Either way, he and Jackson need to play ahead of Tramon and now.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Because of one game? Martinez played a GREAT game yesterday. (See that's me being objective). Now you try it without citing a PFF rating. 

Really don't need PFF.  Martinez is better than Mosley right now.  Mosley is not playing good football right now.  But sure, make fun of something that is ten times better at judging football than you will ever be just because one person pointed out they have flaws in grading defensive backs and receivers.  You would literally slobber all over PFF if it said something you agree with. 

I think it's a football shape thing. If you pull a hammy in practice are you ready for a game? They want him in December so if they rush him in now and he gets hurt it was pointless. Either way, he and Jackson need to play ahead of Tramon and now.

People 'round these parts don't know what you mean by football shape.  They also think this is the NBA and you can learn an offense or defense in one day. 

It's not a terrible mystery why Breeland hasn't been playing. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Joey Bosa has just been pretending to be injured so the Chargers would get angry at him and trade him to us. 

Bosa would be a 2 first round picks and 100+ mil guy too lol. You can't be against Mack and for Bosa. He's literally 1 year away from getting Mack's deal (well maybe less now that he's going to miss almost the whole year.)

Archived