Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I could see it if you were close to making the superbowl but by the time the team is good you'll be paying big bucks to a position that doesnt garner that much money.

The NFL too random to be sure they can't come up quickly. Just like Goff. Okay if you don't pass on Goff but maybe they think they have their Goff next year.

Teams make mistakes but they aren't nearly as incompetent as we pretend

24 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

I could see it if you were close to making the superbowl but by the time the team is good you'll be paying big bucks to a position that doesnt garner that much money.

The giants new they would suck this year. Barkley is a huge talent take him and they will get QB 1 next year to replace a failing manning. This wasn’t at you Kenrik to to all saying why not take a Qb this year for NYG. I’m surprised the browns didn’t get him and take a QB at 4. 

17 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Understood - but you didn’t know where he was at, so I told you.  Now you know.

Actually already knew that and having a pretty good year.  Raiders are going full tank mode.  Have been reading around came across this...

Clearance Rack

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie announced the potential sell-off by saying he was the only untouchable trade asset in Oakland.

• Tight end Jared Cook has been productive for the Raiders, but is 31, a free agent after next season, and would be better served racking up yards on another team. (Perhaps Gronk insurance for the Patriots?)
  • Pass rusher Bruce Irvin is 30 and signed through 2019, making him another player unlikely to contribute to the Raiders’ Las Vegas era. A playoff team looking to improve its pass rush, like New Orleans or Kansas City, could swoop in with a midround pick.
  • Raiders safety Karl Joseph, a 2016 first-round pick, is on the trading block and could be a logical gamble for both Dallas and Kansas City, the two safety-hungry teams that were in the mix for Earl Thomas. Dallas has two of the best corners in football in Byron Jones and Anthony Brown but could improve its safety play, while the Chiefs are struggling for depth with both starting safeties out and the league’s worst defense by total yards and passing yards.

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

The giants new they would suck this year. Barkley is a huge talent take him and they will get QB 1 next year to replace a failing manning. This wasn’t at you Kenrik to to all saying why not take a Qb this year for NYG. I’m surprised the browns didn’t get him and take a QB at 4. 

Could be.  They will be in a race with Arizona and Oakland to the bottom.  If the Giants don't address that Offensive line it won't matter who is playing QB.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Could be.  They will be in a race with Arizona and Oakland to the bottom.  If the Giants don't address that Offensive line it won't matter who is playing QB.

Well the other 2 have QB1 so they are set. You’re right though that line is tricky awful. Could see a sell off to try and get an extra pick early and get a tackle. Didn’t they pick up soldier this offseason what happened to him. 

7 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Well the other 2 have QB1 so they are set. You’re right though that line is tricky awful. Could see a sell off to try and get an extra pick early and get a tackle. Didn’t they pick up soldier this offseason what happened to him. 

He has been just getting abused.  Good question what happened to him?  18 mil/yr wasted money.  That is what you get for trying to outsmart the Pats.  Honestly don't know if he is dealing with an injury or what.  Perhaps being on a god awful line is the problem.  I really don't know but he sure isn't helping them now.  Not sure Oak is set on Carr they could go QB. AZ has Rosen so yes.  Forgot about SF but they do have their man in Jimmy G.  

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

He has been just getting abused.  Good question what happened to him?  18 mil/yr wasted money.  That is what you get for trying to outsmart the Pats.  Honestly don't know if he is dealing with an injury or what.  Perhaps being on a god awful line is the problem.  I really don't know but he sure isn't helping them now.

The one thats been getting abused is Eli.....because of that OL.

18 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

This does make sense too. Stock that roster with talent before you bring on the young QB. I would have just went with a different position instead of rb

1 minute ago, Leader said:

The one thats been getting abused is Eli.....because of that OL.

Oh man it's depressing to watch.  How does that guy get out of bed everyday?  Feel for him.  Good QB if you give him time.  Doesn't stand a chance back there.

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

What if your evals hate all the QBs? Why do we just assume they liked one

Yeah I guess there's a line somewhere but getting a qb is so obviously step 1 to having a decent nfl team.  Having David Johnson doesn't seem to help at all.  Even if you don't particularly love the qbs, I think you roll the dice hoping you learn to love em.

I just don't trust anyone's evals enough to make that kind of call when it's RB vs QB.

33 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Where do you draw that distinction though? How much better does the RB have to be to be worth it?

saquon is pretty sick, don't get me wrong.  

33 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Actually already knew that and having a pretty good year.  Raiders are going full tank mode.  Have been reading around came across this...

Clearance Rack

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie announced the potential sell-off by saying he was the only untouchable trade asset in Oakland.

• Tight end Jared Cook has been productive for the Raiders, but is 31, a free agent after next season, and would be better served racking up yards on another team. (Perhaps Gronk insurance for the Patriots?)
  • Pass rusher Bruce Irvin is 30 and signed through 2019, making him another player unlikely to contribute to the Raiders’ Las Vegas era. A playoff team looking to improve its pass rush, like New Orleans or Kansas City, could swoop in with a midround pick.
  • Raiders safety Karl Joseph, a 2016 first-round pick, is on the trading block and could be a logical gamble for both Dallas and Kansas City, the two safety-hungry teams that were in the mix for Earl Thomas. Dallas has two of the best corners in football in Byron Jones and Anthony Brown but could improve its safety play, while the Chiefs are struggling for depth with both starting safeties out and the league’s worst defense by total yards and passing yards.

I have him on my fantasy team.  Similar to when Amari Cooper was there, they both would have a decent scoring game, only to be followed by a string of mediocre to almost turd like performances, likely due to Carr and other vagaries.

Giants did address the offensive line this year.  They signed Solder and drafted the highest-rated rookie guard.  

If they add another two offensive linemen next year, their rookie QB will be in great shape with an elite WR, good receiving tight end, good OT, good guard... They still probably should have drafted Chubb though.

Not going to be happy if we trade HaHa. Say what you want about some of his tackling, hell even effort. He's the best safety we have had since Collins. That's not stiff competition, but he can actually make plays on the ball. He's not perfect but there's a reason he is/was PFF's #2 safety. We better get a massive haul for him, otherwise just wait for the comp pick.

I'd trade Clinton-Dix for a second round pick now if we added a pass rusher on the same day.  Anything less and it makes no sense to trade him.  Even if he's guaranteed to not re-sign with us, we can still either tag him or get a 4th round compensatory pick for him at the lowest.  Trading him also kills our chances this year.  

So yeah, it better be a Cooper level steal if we trade him.

Archived