Let's look on the bright side...

RaidersAreOne

With so much negativity this year (and rightfully so), I think it would be a nice change to look at the bright side of things for once. What are some things you are happy with/excited about? I'll start:

• We are moving in to one of the most elaborate stadiums in the entire world, in arguably one of the world's most famous cities. Fans from around the world are going to come see Raiders game, leading to our immense fanbase getting even bigger. This will also be a major selling point to FA's as they will get access to elite facilities and no state tax.
  • We have tons of resources at our disposal. Multiple high draft picks and tons of money available next offseason will go a loooong way in building this team up. I expect Gruden to purge even more so both should go up even more.
  • This draft class has shown more potential than any others recently. It's not a 2017 Saints class, but we are getting production from rookies which hasn't happened a whole lot under Reggie. Hurst and Key are starting turning it on, Miller was solid before getting hurt, Hall has shown the occasional flash, etc.
  • The rebuild is officially on. Yes we hit a disappointing peak a couple years ago and have been downhill since, however realistic fans knew we weren't going far with the current squad we had. We needed a change and that is what Gruden has done. I am not sure if he is the one to take us to the promised land, but we could not stay the course we were under Reggie.

I agree people need to lighten up, they still get angry over every move. We are doing a fresh rebuild. You should have no attachment to any player right now. 

We are probably going to be a Top 5 pick this year and next year. However, in 2020, we will finally have a new stadium, we may be a competitive 8-8 football team if our 2018 class looks good and we hit on our 2019 and 2020 classes, and a new fanbase in Vegas. 2021? We may be a Super Bowl contender if we hit on our 2021 class and also have our QB. 

The recipe for success for the past decade has been hit on four draft classes in a row and have your QB on his rookie contract (and good of course). Reggie hit on one draft class... that class was so dominant we went 12-4 in 2016 but it wasn’t sustainable based off just one class. 

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Listen to yourselves. We have to hit on 3 drafts almost entirely just to be 8-8 hopefully in 2020. That's insane. I'm all in on the rebuild. But 100% roster change to a decent football team is gonna take a long time. 

That’s normal in a rebuild and usually the path to success. Two Top 5 Picks in a row, 8-8 or WC Team, Super Bowl Champion. 

47 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s normal in a rebuild and usually the path to success. Two Top 5 Picks in a row, 8-8 or WC Team, Super Bowl Champion. 

Except we've long been on the train of "just another class or two, because, LOOK AT ALL THAT CAP SPACE" for way too long for that to be a point of optimism for anyone. Same story, different year.

Two Top 5 Picks in a row will net us someone we trade and a WR people refuse to admit isn't a top 5 worthy player. And at this rate, an 8-8 season is our ceiling for a quite a while now to come. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Except we've long been on the train of "just another class or two, because, LOOK AT ALL THAT CAP SPACE" for way too long for that to be a point of optimism for anyone. Same story, different year.

Two Top 5 Picks in a row will net us someone we trade and a WR people refuse to admit isn't a top 5 worthy player. And at this rate, an 8-8 season is our ceiling for a quite a while now to come. 

At least the OL and Carr are intact... for now. I think we can expect massive improvements in year 2 if this is handled right. Many first rounders these days come in and make an instant impact. Free agents sign for top dollar no matter where that is. I think the real question is HOW this gets handled. If we play our cards right, it could be magical. Or it could be an absolute embarrassment.

I think Carr gets till next season. I think we go DE, LB, and BPA among skill positions next year in the 1st. Sign a bigtime safety and another skill position guy. Give Carr a full year in the system, a couple new weapons, and a better defense. If he fails in 2019 we trade him and have 2 1sts plus whatever he brings us in a trade to draft a QB in 2020.

That said, we're gonna BRUTAL to watch the rest of the way. Seth Roberts and Doug Martin about to get heavy playing time. Yikes. I do hope we bring up Ateman now tho. Would like to see him in some redzone action.

17 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I think Carr gets till next season. I think we go DE, LB, and BPA among skill positions next year in the 1st. Sign a bigtime safety and another skill position guy. Give Carr a full year in the system, a couple new weapons, and a better defense. If he fails in 2019 we trade him and have 2 1sts plus whatever he brings us in a trade to draft a QB in 2020.

That said, we're gonna BRUTAL to watch the rest of the way. Seth Roberts and Doug Martin about to get heavy playing time. Yikes. I do hope we bring up Ateman now tho. Would like to see him in some redzone action.

Raiders need an offense Cook a free agent Martavis Bryant free agent no Coop Jordy is 33 ? 

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Raiders need an offense Cook a free agent Martavis Bryant free agent no Coop Jordy is 33 ? 

Thats why i said we'd take a skill position player in round 1 and sign a bigtime one as well. Fill out the rest of the spots with draft picks and veteran FAs.

Point was is i think we see a first and a decent size FA contract go to weapons for Gruden's offense.

48 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Thats why i said we'd take a skill position player in round 1 and sign a bigtime one as well. Fill out the rest of the spots with draft picks and veteran FAs.

Point was is i think we see a first and a decent size FA contract go to weapons for Gruden's offense.

lol my bad I just saw DE LB and big time safety

Archived