Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

"The bottom line is that I have a lot of faith in my body's ability to develop cures for things that ail me."

Would eyesight not ail you much like high blood pressure/diabetes/cancer/etc?

Not sure how there is a difference.

Eyesight is biomechanical, physical.

I am not sure that anyone can alter purely physical conditions affecting them.

That would enter the realm of mind over matter.

I wouldn't rule it out, but I for one am not capable of making things like cataracts go away.

Wish I were.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So if someone got leukemia, it’s because they’re a bad driver?

No, of course not.

But smoking, drinking, poor diet, etc. create/contribute to high blood pressure and can be controlled/regulated through modifications in behavior.

Just now, bruceb said:

Eyesight is biomechanical, physical.

I am not sure that anyone can alter purely physical conditions affecting them.

That would enter the realm of mind over matter.

I wouldn't rule it out, but I for one am not capable of making things like cataracts go away.

Wish I were.

How is your blood pressure not a physical condition?

It is literally a physical action your heart & body are attempting to overcome on their own. You are helping them with the addition of prescription pills.

Literally every single disease is a physical condition...

Just now, bruceb said:

No, of course not.

But smoking, drinking, poor diet, etc. create/contribute to high blood pressure and can be controlled/regulated through modifications in behavior.

So you do believe in meds, you just prefer not to take them when avoidable?

That’s literally how meds are prescribed....

1 minute ago, Glen said:

How is your blood pressure not a physical condition?

It is literally a physical action your heart & body are attempting to overcome on their own. You are helping them with the addition of prescription pills.

Literally every single disease is a physical condition...

It is a physical condition but not biomechanical, and not unregulable.

My body cannot stop me from smoking the next cigarette, or drinking the next martini or eating the next order of pork belly or pate'.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

It is a physical condition but not biomechanical, and not unregulable.

My body cannot stop me from smoking the next cigarette, or drinking the next martini or eating the next order of pork belly or pate'.

"Biomechanics is the study of the structure, function and motion of the mechanical aspects of biological systems, at any level from whole organisms to organs, cells and cell organelles..."

You literally said you don’t believe in meds like they aren’t an actual thing that are effective, but yet you take a med...

I mean???

”I don’t believe in meds because my body can heal itself, but I also take a med because my body hasn’t healed itself.”

The mental gymnastics it must take to get to this point are astounding.

Like you know that if the medication doesn’t work, you will die. You also believe you know how to fix the issue yourself. And yet you’d rather trust your life with a prescription drug—that you didn’t trust any of them for over 35 years—than just fix it the way you know your body is capable of.

Seems like a bunch of nonsense you tell yourself to feel better about illogical thought processes imo. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So you do believe in meds, you just prefer not to take them when avoidable?
 I

That’s literally how meds are prescribed....

That is accurate.

When/If I absolutely need them I will take them.

I think, though, that they most often are avoidable, which is contrary to how they are prescribed.

You're essentially saying that you believe the body can ward off any disease/ailment if you live a healthy life because those are diseases and not biomechanical. When indeed they are biomechanical because they directly impact on the functions/processes your organs would perform from day to day.

But then say that you believe the body cannot change physical aspects such as eyesight because it is physical. When disease such as cancer, blood pressure, etc are all physical given that they would impact your organs in a negative way.

I dont follow your logic