Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just wait until the Saudis want influence in basketball. Lebron will get offered a 500 mil contract at age 40.

They’ll never touch the NFL because it’s such a regional sport.

Thats my issue. So we are going to have a country that...ummm.....has done very bad things in the past basically come in and buy American sports leagues/teams that are based here? That they are going have full influence and control over and we're just going to say yeah sure come and take it?

Im just wondering at what point, if ever, do the morals outweigh the paycheck.

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats my issue. So we are going to have a country that...ummm.....has done very bad things in the past basically come in and buy American sports leagues/teams that are based here? That they are going have full influence and control over and we're just going to say yeah sure come and take it?

Yeah, we can’t have countries who’ve done very bad things come to *checks notes* America and own sports teams…

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The moment we let China influence the NBA it was game over.

The only 2 leagues without heavy foreign influence is NFL and MLB. That’s because internationally nobody understands football and the MLB is ran by dinosaurs.

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The moment we let China influence the NBA it was game over.

The only 2 leagues without heavy foreign influence is NFL and MLB. That’s because internationally nobody understands football and the MLB is ran by dinosaurs.

The irony of Pop, Kerr, and Bron posturing about rights while refusing to acknowledge China was a 10/10 on my personal virtue signaling comedy/irony scale.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The irony of Pop, Kerr, and Bron posturing about rights while refusing to acknowledge China was a 10/10 on my personal virtue signaling comedy/irony scale.

I am completely fine with guys talking about topics that they specifically care about. Like if Lebron only wants to talk about black people issues, I get it. Talk about things you would actually like to get done. If Lebron said “what’s going on in china is awful, but it’s not a topic I’m nuanced on” okay, that’s fine.

I do not expect somebody to have expertise on literally every single tragedy going on in the world right now.

However, do not be moral police when you actively know and support horrible **** going on in another country.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I am completely fine with guys talking about topics that they specifically care about. Like if Lebron only wants to talk about black people issues, I get it. Talk about things you would actually like to get done.

I do not expect somebody to have expertise on literally every single tragedy going on in the world right now.

However, do not be moral police when you actively know and support horrible **** going on in another country.

Especially when you’re a literal billionaire and you know it can impact your bottom line. It may also sound harsh, but just because you’re a celebrity doesn’t mean your platform is somehow legitimate or you have some sort of knowledge. If you want to talk about basketball, branding, business, or being a father then go right ahead…past that, I’m not going to really put much stock into what you say but that is just me.

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Another major sports story-

Messi might be playing in the MLS for their Miami team.

Wow

Saudis offered Messi 3 years for 1.5 billion dollars

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2023/06/07/lionel-messi-chooses-inter-miami-over-saudi-arabia-mega-offer/

There had to be some type of catch with that. He could also just straight up not want his wife and kids in Saudi Arabia.

Edited by candyman93

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Wow

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2023/06/07/lionel-messi-chooses-inter-miami-over-saudi-arabia-mega-offer/

There had to be some type of catch with that. He could also just straight up not want his wife and kids in Saudi Arabia.

He’s already worth like half a billion.  When you have that kind of cash you do what you want, not what you have to for money.

Or should anyway.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Wow

He probably wanted to leave at some point. 

• Like 2