Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s a really good offensive dman. Bad defensive player. We got the best free agent in the class 2 years in a row. I like that. But the contract is horrible. 8 years for a 30 year old…. Jarmo must think he needs to get to the playoffs this year. 

Makes me 100% convinced he needs a Leo Carlsson. He’s not going to draft a guy who needs time to develop.

I really hope he doesn’t trade that pick though.

6 hours ago, JDD said:

78% of statics are made up. 

As someone who watches golf for the majors and not every week I am shocked by this announcement. LIV or Public Investment Fund (Sounds like The Human Fund from Seinfeld) will merge with the PGA and DP (European tour) but have a board. Sounds like for now the board will have 3 PGA board members and 1 LIV (though the head) and 1 DP. So I don’t think the PIF owns the PGA. I think they needed to make an agreement because the PGA couldn’t afford the litigation that the PIF was pursuing and the PGA was counter suing. If I had to guess they decided they would have to merge or go bankrupt. 

Now I feel bad for Rory in this situation. The PGA let him go and be the vocal person thinking they had his back. Well then they didn’t let him know to ease off the issue. He should feel betrayed by the PGA. And as one of the most vocal about LIV and the SA backing not being ok, he should be pissed. 

Yes but It doesnt really matter how many board members there are when the PIF representative has right of first refusal. That's all that really matters in the hierarchy. Everyone else is just a VP (PGA/DP) reporting to the CEO (PIF). 

We have Bryson DeChambeau out here telling 9.11 families they should forgive SA and move on after he took a 125M bag from them at LIV. There is a lot more to this (politically) that I'm not getting into on these boards, but it will likely all come out about how this came together in the next few months.

Until then, we get to enjoy the Saudi Arabian Golf League (based in the United States)

"for the love of money, is the root of all evils"

Edited by AkronsWitness

I do love the trend I’m seeing in sports of “speeding up success.”

Winning shouldn’t be a 3-4+ year plan anymore. I feel like that philosophy protects a lot of guys who are secretly bad at their job.

It’s the same way with athletes, how many successful late bloomers has there been….? I feel like you can tell in 2 years if a guy can ball or not. If you’re not showing anything by year 3, I really doubt you’ll do anything after year 4 and beyond.

"There are major, multi-billion-dollar projects happening in Ohio...

Intel broke ground on its more than $20 billion project late last year. Honda recently broke ground on its $4.4 billion electric vehicle battery plant, and that’s just the start.

In the next few years, there will be nearly $200 billion worth of projects happening in Ohio, $140 billion of which are in Central Ohio, that are expected to have a multigenerational impact—not just on the state, but on the country.

“It is so exciting to be part of this and your members, your people, will see how different it is to build a facility like this,” said Pat Miller, senior facilities manager at Intel. “It's really, really exciting. We’re really excited to be here.”

“It's a fierce competition for deals like Intel, Honda and others... Right now, we're still competing for over 15 what we call mega projects. They're projects that include at least a billion dollars of capital investment, at least $75 million of annual payroll, and an average wage of three times the federal minimum. And right now, our pipeline just in that category projects is up 700% from a normal year.”

https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2023/03/30/national-and-local-leaders-unite-to-kick-off-mega-construction-projects-in-ohio

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

3x the federal minimum wage as starting to go with hopefully a good benefits package and opportunities for advancement is a good thing, especially factoring in the cost of living being so good here.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The only bad thing about the Super Bowl is that you’ll never hear a crowd celebrating like this.

I think is a big reason the Browns haven’t won a SB yet. We are waiting to win one in front of the home crowd.