Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

21 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This site is dead 

As if the old school forum model wasn’t dying already, not evolving really or adding new members in the last 15 years because you won’t allow conversation about things most of us now in our 30s or above are interested in or impacted by is going to mean a 6 month dip in interest or site traffic. That’s just a basic fact really.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

As if the old school forum model wasn’t dying already, not evolving really or adding new members in the last 15 years because you won’t allow conversation about things most of us now in our 30s or above are interested in or impacted by is going to mean a 6 month dip in interest or site traffic. That’s just a basic fact really.

Yeah there’s only so much sports I care to discuss tbh.  Once there’s nothing new happening we can either discuss other stuff here or elsewhere.  Since here isn’t an option….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Cutting off your nose to spite your own face has been the SOP around here for a while by the one in charge. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah there’s only so much sports I care to discuss tbh.  Once there’s nothing new happening we can either discuss other stuff here or elsewhere.  Since here isn’t an option….

39 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Cutting off your nose to spite your own face has been the SOP around here for a while by the one in charge. 

To be fair, when 16/17 year old me was here as was everyone else in that range, it made sense. Now? We all have life experience, work experience, and education experience to speak in an open/respectful/educated manner most of the time and disagree or agree accordingly. If not, utilize the ignore feature or point blank tell users to leave you alone and you don’t agree while wishing them the best. I have and likely will do so again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Every other forum ive ever joined has paces to talk politics and whatnot. This is the boomer forum version of shut up and dribble. 

I mentioned to you know who we needed a politics forum multiple times years ago and was consistently told no, that it would be too hard to moderate.

Like, literally everywhere else on the internet has figured it out lol.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

To be fair, when 16/17 year old me was here as was everyone else in that range, it made sense. Now? We all have life experience, work experience, and education experience to speak in an open/respectful/educated manner most of the time and disagree or agree accordingly. If not, utilize the ignore feature or point blank tell users to leave you alone and you don’t agree while wishing them the best. I have and likely will do so again.

People using this type of platform aren’t teenagers anymore lol.  Hell even the ones who were kids back in the day are like mid 20s or older now.

People don’t join this forum because this forum offers nothing they can’t get elsewhere.  It’s just the same old faces who’ve been here for years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Every other forum ive ever joined has paces to talk politics and whatnot. This is the boomer forum version of shut up and dribble. 

I will be honest, the site I came from prior to 2008 looks like an AOL dial up era type of forum. So there’s definitely worse than this.

The only reason that site is still alive is because it’s literally just 50 and 60 year olds yelling at each other. It’s basically Facebook, which is propped up by anger and hate.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People using this type of platform aren’t teenagers anymore lol.  Hell even the ones who were kids back in the day are like mid 20s or older now.

Bingo! Yeah kind of my point as well and I should have been more clear.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People don’t join this forum because this forum offers nothing they can’t get elsewhere.  It’s just the same old faces who’ve been here for years.

It would be nice to expand and branch out and give others an avenue to dabble outside of football type stuff. I mean, look at what Reddit did to GameStop and an assortment of other things. I’m all in favor of not gravitating towards a chat platform, but this needs to evolve somehow IMO, and it’s not electric footballs with an annual unannounced name change platform that is selectively utilized.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

If you want diverse discussion-

Then for better or worse, Reddit is the way to go. It has its own issues, ESPECIALLY with mods. I’m also not a fan of what they’re doing with 3rd party apps, but that’s not worth getting upset over.

Twitter is great for memes and hilarious content, buts it’s not focused and can feel overwhelming.

Facebook is trash and I can’t wait until Zuck goes bankrupt.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you want diverse discussion-

Then for better or worse, Reddit is the way to go. It has its own issues, ESPECIALLY with mods. I’m also not a fan of what they’re doing with 3rd party apps, but that’s not worth getting upset over.

Twitter is great for memes and hilarious content, buts it’s not focused and can feel overwhelming.

Facebook is trash and I can’t wait until Zuck goes bankrupt.

Reddit is great, discord is fine but the format kinda sucks for discussion, Facebook is for gullible boomers and Musk has made Twitter a joke tbh.  

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Reddit is great, discord is fine but the format kinda sucks for discussion, Facebook is for gullible boomers and Musk has made Twitter a joke tbh.  

Twitter was a joke long before him in my opinion. I’d say that for about any platform built for hot takes 150 characters or less. It automatically lends itself to zero context or anything close to legitimate discussion. Essentially grenades lobbed back and forth.