Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

34 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

McShay and Kolber too. ESPN is a joke.

They’ve been a joke for a long time tbh.

Not sure how much of that is due to their on air personalities vs their general concepts for what they think is quality programming, but it’s been hot garbage for a long, long time.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not sure how much of that is due to their on air personalities vs their general concepts for what they think is quality programming, but it’s been hot garbage for a long, long time.

All they care about are hot take personalities who get views. That’s why they kept Perkins despite him being complete trash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

All they care about are hot take personalities who get views. That’s why they kept Perkins despite him being complete trash. 

What he said was racist, ignorant, and was proven to be incorrect this postseason. How he has a job still is a travesty.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh I agree completely. Well over a decade now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What he said was racist, ignorant, and was proven to be incorrect this postseason. How he has a job still is a travesty.

This is the type of face melting hot take ESPN wants though, it drives clicks.

They don’t want quality basketball conversations, they’ll leave that to podcasts.

If I’m gonna listen to hot takes and jackassery I’ll just listen to Chuck and Ernie and Shaq shoot the **** tbh.  At least that’s funny and not trying to be serious.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah, 100%.  It’s why Skee-yip has hung around for so long.  They want goobers who create viral tweets and clips, not actual on air talent.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The worst part for me is just knowing how good ESPN could be if they chose to. Those 90’s sportscenter duos were legendary. Fast paced highlights of the games with clever commentary that focused on the game and players, not the TMZ storylines.

Dan Patrick with Stu Scott and Kenny Mayne types were legendary. Same with SVP back in the day.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Dan Patrick with Stu Scott and Kenny Mayne types were legendary. Same with SVP back in the day.

My television was my alarm clock starting in middle school all through high school. I’d hear the thunk older tvs would make and then immediately the SC opening music.  Listen to those dudes for a solid 20 min before rolling out of bed.  **** would just play on a loop all morning every morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My television was my alarm clock starting in middle school all through high school. I’d hear the thunk older tvs would make and then immediately the SC opening music.  Listen to those dudes for a solid 20 min before rolling out of bed.  **** would just play on a loop all morning every morning.

I had a grad assistant my freshman year who gave us some advice.  He said some of you will think natty light and Sports Center on loop will be more important than coming to class, don’t be that guy. That always stuck with me. Especially after a few friends thought that way. 

SC was on first thing in the morning and Around the horn and PTI were great when they started. GameDay was an event every Saturday and the draft coverage when it was Saturday and Sunday was on point. 

Now it’s just hard to watch.  The way they go past sports is not needed. I don’t give a **** about their political ideas. I really don’t need a millionaire who doesn’t live in reality telling me how to think. Just give me some inside info on the UGA v. Tenn game. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JDD said:

I had a grad assistant my freshman year who gave us some advice.  He said some of you will think natty light and Sports Center on loop will be more important than coming to class, don’t be that guy. That always stuck with me. Especially after a few friends thought that way. 

SC being so good people missed real life **** and responsibilities has got to be wild af for these youngsters to think about lol

SC was on first thing in the morning and Around the horn and PTI were great when they started. GameDay was an event every Saturday and the draft coverage when it was Saturday and Sunday was on point. 

yep.  They had the formula down.

Now it’s just hard to watch.  The way they go past sports is not needed. I don’t give a **** about their political ideas. I really don’t need a millionaire who doesn’t live in reality telling me how to think. Just give me some inside info on the UGA v. Tenn game. 

I don’t care about athletes having political opinions, but keep the politics and such in that lane with specific programs or whatever or a separate channel for that.

When I tune into espn I just want sports.  I’m not gonna “shut up and dribble” these dudes, but their thoughts on politics aren’t interesting to me. 

Show me highlights, tell me players to keep an eye on, give me a quick rundown of standings/league statistical leaders, injury updates, etc.  

• Like 1