Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Timing was off imo.  I’m not gonna yell at 3am when I’m normally asleep, I’m gonna yell at 6am when I’m normally up and the jackasses who feel the need to light off fireworks all night are trying to sleep. 

I’ve watched or listened to this 3 times. Still hilarious.

Petty level is a solid A- here considering the story of the guy who gave his HOA the finger by painting his house a grotesque color not on the unapproved list…he paid to do that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just amazing proof that talent >>>>> coaching

A homeless man could have won with Burrow + Chase + Jefferson.

Yes to an extent, no question. But Ryan Day loses to Alabama in that regular season showdown too, loses the conference division, and sits at home after winning the Citrus Bowl while Tua and that loaded Alabama team raises a trophy.

These guys are pretty spot on about how stupid viewers are 

We don’t actually care about the quality of things anymore as long as it’s marketed extremely well to us.

Say you had a pile of dog crap and just a rock. If I poured mega millions into advertising for that dog turd, I could eventually convince you to choose it over the rock.

Edited by candyman93

Witnessed a passing of the torch today in tennis and Djokovic knows it. He’s 36 and lost a Wimbledon title to a 20 year old rising phenom (Alcaraz who’s ranked #1 in the world).

Very intense match and you could see how visibly frustrated Djokovic was.

Understandably frustrating when you know you’re time is almost over.

Edited by candyman93

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

F this

Just a bit of turbulence caused this

So very much appreciate this post.  My wife is currently on a flight from Detroit to Amsterdam (and then on to Valencia Spain) for a couple of weeks to visit family.)  :) 

So...has anyone else checked out the newest game "in town"? 

We now have a major league cricket competition here in the U.S.  

I've become quite enamored with the game.  This isn't the long format "test" cricket, which can last for 5+ days, but rather what they call "T20", which is a more limited (from a time stand point) type of cricket.  Really enjoying it.  There are quite a few American players, along with several on each team from different countries around the world.  (I don't watch basketball or hockey, and very little NFL besides the Browns, so I'm looking forward to watching the "Big Bash League" from Australia during the winter.  

Here's some highlights from one of the early games of the tourney.

4 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

So...has anyone else checked out the newest game "in town"? 

We now have a major league cricket competition here in the U.S.  

I've become quite enamored with the game.  This isn't the long format "test" cricket, which can last for 5+ days, but rather what they call "T20", which is a more limited (from a time stand point) type of cricket.  Really enjoying it.  There are quite a few American players, along with several on each team from different countries around the world.  (I don't watch basketball or hockey, and very little NFL besides the Browns, so I'm looking forward to watching the "Big Bash League" from Australia during the winter.  

Here's some highlights from one of the early games of the tourney.

Happy for your success btw.

God knows you deserve more than anybody on here. 

Keep following your passion no matter what please. Not many people in life get to do that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Happy for your success btw.

God knows you deserve more than anybody on here. 

Keep following your passion no matter what please. Not many people in life get to do that.

Thanks! so much.

Next summer I am planning on spending 3+ weeks in Australia, so I can get to some AFL games live, along with local footy (I highlight a local footy club at the start of each of my podcast episodes, now closing in on 350), and local footy is unlike anything we have here in the U.S.  Looking forward to visiting some of the clubs I've featured (and done interviews with) as well.  

So, to do that, my now 60 year old self is working at Cedar Point traversing the front and rear parking lots emptying trash cans (over 200 a day), working about 45 hours a week this summer to put money aside for my travel.  Can't wait to get back to my classroom in the fall, so I can relax.  :) I'm walking between 45-50 miles a week at work.  (I've shaved my head for over a qtr century, after my barber died, and I was unable to find a barber that could cut a decent flat top.  I've started to grow my hair back in so I have something on my body that doesn't hurt.)  Now down 159.6 pounds over the last 23 months.  Still have another 45 or so that I'd like to lose, which would get me down to 180.

(I've now set aside enough $ to fly "premium economy".  Now all I need to do is get out of the airport.  🤣)  I have had several people express interest in taking me to games, along with staying with them.  (I actually talk to more people that live in Australia on a regular, often daily, basis than I do on my own street.)  One of them lives in the Northern part of the country, and is contemplating flying to Melbourne and go on the trip across the southern part of the country to Adelaide.  Can't really start locking away specific dates until the AFL publishes their 2024 fixture (schedule), which will likely be in December/January.  

• Like 3