Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man… I took a few years off from watching hockey until we signed Johnny. Then I went all in. This is the worst sports death I can remember. 

Not only him, but his brother too the day before their sister was supposed to get married. Can't imagine the heartbreak that their family is feeling right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Glad somebody else said it. CC is trying to make her sport relevant and you had soooo many bitter idiots trying to tear her down.

It is what it is, we are who we are. It's unfortunate for her personally to have to be in the position she is in because of what she is but it wasn't all that long ago that the coin was flipped.

In a lot of ways it's much easier on her, off of the court anyway. People will adapt and accept and eventually celebrate, just like when it was the other way around.

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@MWil23 will be pleased 

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE SEEN IN THE RYAN DAY ERA. Dancing before the Michigan game last year was egregious and I don’t even care how crusty and old that makes me sound. Zero intensity under this regime. They desperately need a culture change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE SEEN IN THE RYAN DAY ERA. Dancing before the Michigan game last year was egregious and I don’t even care how crusty and old that makes me sound. Zero intensity under this regime. They desperately need a culture change.

OSU needs a perfectionist ******* like Saban or Smart. Someone completely and utterly obsessed with the small things it takes to win, no matter the score or situation.

The kids are having too much “fun” under nice guy Ryan Day.

Edited by candyman93

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

OSU needs a perfectionist ******* like Saban or Smart. Someone completely and utterly obsessed with the small things it takes to win, no matter the score or situation.

The kids are having too much “fun” under nice guy Ryan Day.

It’s not even the “niceness”, it’s the complacency. Pete Carroll was a loose players coach but he demanded his guys compete every single day. This team doesn’t do that and hasn’t since Urban left.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 7:09 PM, MWil23 said:

It’s not even the “niceness”, it’s the complacency. Pete Carroll was a loose players coach but he demanded his guys compete every single day. This team doesn’t do that and hasn’t since Urban left.

100%.  It’s not about being a hardass 24/7, it’s about knowing time and place.

most of the time time you can goof off, have fun, let the kids be kids, etc., but when it’s time to work it’s time to work.  If you can blend having fun and working hard, cool, but if you can’t then you insist on the latter.

• Like 1