Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jroc04

Derek Barnett, DE out for the year

Recommended Posts

Just now, nlesthought said:

The season is too long to sit back and do nothing...you don't make a move with this aging roster we'll be like the Seahawks trying to patch holes while your aging stars are battling attrition until we have to cut them. 

We aren't winning anything this year, if you really think we have a chance at the Super Bowl this season at this point in time, you're delusional. No point in mortgaging the future to be a playoff contender this season. The Seahawks issue was that they sucked at drafting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Danger said:

We aren't winning anything this year, if you really think we have a chance at the Super Bowl this season at this point in time, you're delusional. No point in mortgaging the future to be a playoff contender this season. The Seahawks issue was that they sucked at drafting. 

I can't think of one team in the history of the NFL that went from winning a SB to throwing in the towel in week 8 because of some injuries. That's a mitch-made mindset.  

 

EDIT: 

As I said its too long of a season, hell the Rams could get plagued with injuries. I think if we're in the final 6 of the post season wild things can happen. 

Edited by nlesthought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

I can't think of one team in the history of the NFL that went from winning a SB to throwing in the towel in week 8 because of some injuries. That's a mitch-made mindset.  

Throwing in the towel isn't what I said, we shouldn't tank, but lets not needlessly throw away assets when we clearly don't have what it takes to win it all this year. We should move forward with what we have or trade Darby/Graham, and try our best with that. Giving up good draft picks for Sanders, Peterson, or Bell at this point would be moronic.

Edited by Danger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this thread I mentioned a 4th for a player that's playing well, I only said a 4th because I don't know if we have a 5th...we wasted plenty of 4th round picks. Some found their way back to the PS. We haven't drafted well either tbh. 

7-9 or 9-7 is going to put us in the middle/towards the back of each round. 2 defensive additions Harris/Hunt could push us back into 1st round bye contention. We already have a bunch of chips in the middle why fold? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danger said:

Don't know if we'll be top 10, but at this rate, I'm more inclined to stand pat and not make a trade now. This season is looking more and more grim by the day at this point. 

What even happened to Barnett, never saw him leave the field or anything of the sort.

We have the 8th pick right now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

We have the 8th pick right now 

You factored in the 7 way tie of teams at 3-4? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I can't think of one team in the history of the NFL that went from winning a SB to throwing in the towel in week 8 because of some injuries. That's a mitch-made mindset.  

 

EDIT: 

As I said its too long of a season, hell the Rams could get plagued with injuries. I think if we're in the final 6 of the post season wild things can happen. 

Our offense isn't good enough to overcome Jalen Mills and Jim Schwartz this year. If you want to ignore everything you've witnessed up to this point in the season, then yes, we have a chance.

What we did last year doesn't matter this year. We aren't the Patriots. It's not throwing in the towel, it's getting value for guys who won't be here in a year or two, so we can hopefully be even better in a year or two, after we've inevitably moved on from Peters, Kelce, Graham, and Malcolm, along with Jernigan, Long and Bennett. Wentz is here for 10+ years hopefully. No reason to go all-in on 2018 just because we were good last year. We're going to suck for the next 10 years if we keep signing expensive vets to patch holes, thinking "win now", instead of drafting quality rookies and rebuilding the foundation to win for the next 5+ years. The cupboard is about to become bare, starting with our DL in 2019, and i want picks to refill it. Multiple picks. And cap space to roll over into next year. 

Edited by Jeezla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Our offense isn't good enough to overcome Jalen Mills and Jim Schwartz this year. If you want to ignore everything you've witnessed up to this point in the season, then yes, we have a chance.

What we did last year doesn't matter this year. We aren't the Patriots. It's not throwing in the towel, it's getting value for guys who won't be here in a year or two, so we can hopefully be even better in a year or two, after we've inevitably moved on from Peters, Kelce, Graham, and Malcolm. Wentz is here for 10+ years hopefully. No reason to go all-in on 2018 just because we were good last year. We're going to suck for the next 10 years if we keep signing expensive vets to patch holes, thinking "win now", instead of drafting quality rookies and rebuilding the foundation to win for the next 5+ years.

The names that are being thrown out there that I've mentioned are vets who have friendly contracts (Sanders/Harris/Hunt FA after this year). Yes things are looking bleak, no run game, inconsistent behavior from the savior, defense having more holes than we're used to. 

The minute we become sellers...is when we're trying to patch up the team with holes (guys who have no business starting, see the Raiders). I'm not saying we need to make every deal out there but with the amount of injuries we have to. I'd rather watch the ship go down fighting then to jump ship...this team isn't young. You're blaming Schwartz for this year why wouldn't he be back next year, all the injuries? 

I've been on this site (and the old one) to know the annual we suck mantra  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

The names that are being thrown out there that I've mentioned are vets who have friendly contracts (Sanders/Harris/Hunt FA after this year). Yes things are looking bleak, no run game, inconsistent behavior from the savior, defense having more holes than we're used to. 

The minute we become sellers...is when we're trying to patch up the team with holes (guys who have no business starting, see the Raiders). I'm not saying we need to make every deal out there but with the amount of injuries we have to. I'd rather watch the ship go down fighting then to jump ship...this team isn't young. You're blaming Schwartz for this year why wouldn't he be back next year, all the injuries? 

I've been on this site (and the old one) to know the annual we suck mantra  

I'm not jumping ship. I'm going down with it, I just want it to sink faster so we can build a better one after we wash ashore. I want top 10 oak planks instead of pick 18 balsa wood. 

Have you seen what our DL is going to look like next year? A guy coming off Shoulder surgery is going to be our best DE. We need picks and cap room. Stop looking at just this season. That's how you end up like the Giants.

Edited by Jeezla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Our offense isn't good enough to overcome Jalen Mills and Jim Schwartz this year. If you want to ignore everything you've witnessed up to this point in the season, then yes, we have a chance.

What we did last year doesn't matter this year. We aren't the Patriots. It's not throwing in the towel, it's getting value for guys who won't be here in a year or two, so we can hopefully be even better in a year or two, after we've inevitably moved on from Peters, Kelce, Graham, and Malcolm, along with Jernigan, Long and Bennett. Wentz is here for 10+ years hopefully. No reason to go all-in on 2018 just because we were good last year. We're going to suck for the next 10 years if we keep signing expensive vets to patch holes, thinking "win now", instead of drafting quality rookies and rebuilding the foundation to win for the next 5+ years. The cupboard is about to become bare, starting with our DL in 2019, and i want picks to refill it. Multiple picks. And cap space to roll over into next year. 

Coincidentally, this is one of the deepest DL drafts ever. Having multiple high picks will prove valuable for us down the line here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason to give up especially with how horrible the NFC East is. Could easily get the NFC east and then have the offense go off in the playoffs. Get someone to help the offense, a WR , A RB or a Guard. on defense get another DL, go after Dante fowler, Jags didn't pick up his 5th year option. Could be available. Address Corner if it doesn't cost the future. Gareon Conley or Peters. IMO Conley hes younger and could develop, even though i HATE Ohio State Players hes gotta be better then Mills. You could make 2-3 trades and Flip this team around.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

No reason to give up especially with how horrible the NFC East is. Could easily get the NFC east and then have the offense go off in the playoffs. Get someone to help the offense, a WR , A RB or a Guard. on defense get another DL, go after Dante fowler, Jags didn't pick up his 5th year option. Could be available. Address Corner if it doesn't cost the future. Gareon Conley or Peters. IMO Conley hes younger and could develop, even though i HATE Ohio State Players hes gotta be better then Mills. You could make 2-3 trades and Flip this team around.  

Unlike last year, we aren't just 2-3 moves away. Even if we were healthy, we're still in as good of a position to succeed as were last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun fact, we had more losses in the first 7 weeks of the season than the entire 21 weeks last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Coincidentally, this is one of the deepest DL drafts ever. Having multiple high picks will prove valuable for us down the line here.

Things we need:

#1 CB (Darby as #2 and Sidney as #3 is fine)

#2 WR

#1 RB

#1 DE 

#2 DE if Barnett's shoulder loses strength

#2 DT 

#3 DT

#2 OLB (And a #1 MLB when Hicks eventually gets hurt again)

#1 LT

#1 LG

S depth

DE, C, OG, LB, and OT depth

D.C.

 

We need all the draft picks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×