2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

Just now, mistakey said:

not saying he cant get there but its time to win a title boys
not to mention our only other tight end is seth devalve
also hernandez and gronk were gonna break the league

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m completely on board with Hockenson at 17.

Just now, dawgpound1816 said:

What do you guys think about Pierre Desir in Wilks Zone Scheme? Desir balled out in Indys predominant zone scheme. He wouldn't cost alot.

Not a lot but he won’t be cheap. He has been very solid the past couple of years

10 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I think with the Richardson signing our biggest positions of need are LB, CB, and WR/TE. I think I might be rooting for a trade up for White or Bush if we don't go Dline with this deep draft 

No way Bush and White both go top15. If so there is two LBs and two QBs that go. So that’s 4 picks. Add Williams and Bosa both go top 15. That’s 6 picks. Add that fact two OTs will go, Taylor and Dillard that’s 8 picks. Allen will go top10 so that’s 9 picks. One TE will go top15 as well so that’s 10picks. I would say Bradbury will go top15 so that’s 11 picks. 

Now there is potential another QB and Tackle go as well.  So that’s 13 picks. So the Browns could land a stud at 17 or trade up in Oliver is a guy who falls. Or trade down and maybe land another 2nd pick and take the best corner when you pick in the 1st and go best DL and LB in the 2nd rd

I don't know if it will be early in FA, but we pretty much have to sign 1 or more LB's.  I'm OK with overpaying 1 or 2 more guys, preferably defensive players.

I really hope we don't spend big bucks on a WR.  Give me a mid- to lower-tier FA WR, and I'll be happy.

New York Jets signed Anthony Barr and C.J. Mosley so I it is more than obvious now they are getting rid of Darron Lee. I would trade our 7th rounder for him even though they may cut him just so we don't have to worry about another team beating us in free agency. 

We would have to work out and agreement on contract extension before the trade to avoid having to pay his 5th year option at a ridiculously high salary.

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know it won’t happen but I wish we’d go get earl Thomas. Play a nickle 2 FS set with peppers closer to the line. We have the money let’s go get the best defense in the game. 

I'd have rolled the dice on an aging and unhealthy Eric Berry who we could get on the cheaper before Thomas tbh. JMHO

Just now, MWil23 said:

I'd have rolled the dice on an aging and unhealthy Eric Berry who we could get on the cheaper before Thomas tbh. JMHO

Eric Berry ain’t a FA. I don’t want to trade an asset for someone I can just sign. Front load the deal, add intensives. 

Archived