2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

5 minutes ago, braylon said:

I wish we would've brought Tashaun Gipson back to replace Jabril. He's still a stud. One of my favorite Browns of the last few years.

Gipson is all FS. I don’t think he can handle being a SS for a full season

2 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

I know Dorsey said he wasn't going to spend like a drunken sailor in free agency, but anyone in here smart enough to figure out what are cap situation is looking like now?

I was wondering that too, but I’m not sure it’s worth even figuring out yet as OBJ and Vernon are supposedly getting their contracts redone.

7 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

I know Dorsey said he wasn't going to spend like a drunken sailor in free agency, but anyone in here smart enough to figure out what are cap situation is looking like now?

Only thing I can find really

46 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Very good news. We still need 3 or 4 starters. We need a SS, 2nd CB, and a LB or 2 imo. So there is still some work for the great John Dorsey to do. 

1-2 of those needs will be met in the draft, they will sign a SS to replace peppers IMO. 

48 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Very good news. We still need 3 or 4 starters. We need a SS, 2nd CB, and a LB or 2 imo. So there is still some work for the great John Dorsey to do. 

I agree we need another CB, although I thought Mitchell was solid as a starter. But you can never have too many quality CBs and if Ward goes down, we'll be in trouble. I'm fine with who we have starting at LB. I think Avery played well enough to get his chance to start. Kirksey has been a bit disappointing the past couple of years, but isn't a bad starter by any means. And Schobert is good. We could definitely use some depth at the position, though.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I agree we need another CB, although I thought Mitchell was solid as a starter. But you can never have too many quality CBs and if Ward goes down, we'll be in trouble. I'm fine with who we have starting at LB. I think Avery played well enough to get his chance to start. Kirksey has been a bit disappointing the past couple of years, but isn't a bad starter by any means. And Schobert is good. We could definitely use some depth at the position, though.

Good thing now that teams will need to run less because they will need to try and keep pace with the browns. LBs should be heathier for longer

Archived