2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think it’s more likely than unlikely Q is there at pick 4 for us who arguably is the best player in the draft. If Cards go Murray that is. 49ers easily go Bosa. Jets need a 3-4 EDGE. Probably their biggest need on their football team. Josh Allen fits that bill to a tee. 

You never know, Quinnen Williams is arguably a better player. Buckner and Williams inside would be unstoppable.

Just now, NYRaider said:

You never know, Quinnen Williams is arguably a better player. Buckner and Williams inside would be unstoppable.

Welp worst case scenario is we are deciding between Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, Ed Oliver, Brian Burns, and Clelin Ferrell. Still a pretty sweet situation to be in. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Welp worst case scenario is we are deciding between Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, Ed Oliver, Brian Burns, and Clelin Ferrell. Still a pretty sweet situation to be in. 

Best case scenario is that we trade down, add one of those guys, and recoup some picks we lost.

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That and the Kwon Alexander contract.  The Raiders look like they're going to be ready to compete real quick.  Maybe not this upcoming year, but the year after is looking bright!

We basically have 4 first round picks this year. If we can round out FA with a couple more solid pieces and draft well we're going to be a completely different team next year. Don't think we'll make the playoffs but 7-8 wins isn't out of the question. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We basically have 4 first round picks this year. If we can round out FA with a couple more solid pieces and draft well we're going to be a completely different team next year. Don't think we'll make the playoffs but 7-8 wins isn't out of the question. 

I'll be happy with an 8-8 season.

Jet's need a 4-3 Edge I thought, not 3-4 given they hired Gregg Williams to be the DC? Right? No way he is changing his scheme to 3-4 when the Jets don't really have 3-4 talent anyways. Just make Leonard a 3tech and Lee is prolly a better 4-3 LB than 3-4. Safeties uneffected. Is anyone else under contract and matter for a 4-3/3-4 switch? I think the Jets look at Montez Sweat/Clelin Ferrel player for the edge after moving down with a QB needy team. I think Quinnen and Allen will be on the board for our pick with the first three picks being Murray, Bosa and Haskins.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We need as many players with the last name Brown as possible. 

We need to either draft or pickup after the draft the following players: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma, A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss, Blace Brown, CB, Troy, Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State, and Keenen Brown, TE, Texas St.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We need to either draft or pickup after the draft the following players: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma, A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss, Blace Brown, CB, Troy, Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State, and Keenen Brown, TE, Texas St.

Why can’t we draft them all?

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

That Landon Collins contract makes the Kwon contract look good. What are the Redskins doing lol

Neither of those contracts look good.  At least the Raiders can point at what Trent Brown did in the playoffs as a good reason why we signed him.  Highest rated OT going against the same pass rushers the Raiders deal with four times a year.  I also saw "analysts" saying that he will struggle due to no longer playing with Tom Brady and his quick release, yet I've read plenty of times that DC is known to have a very quick release.  Jon Gruden just needs to make it all work.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Neither of those contracts look good.  At least the Raiders can point at what Trent Brown did in the playoffs as a good reason why we signed him.  Highest rated OT going against the same pass rushers the Raiders deal with four times a year.  I also saw "analysts" saying that he will struggle due to no longer playing with Tom Brady and his quick release, yet I've read plenty of times that DC is known to have a very quick release.  Jon Gruden just needs to make it all work.

Brown is only 25 and plays a premium position. Plus there aren't very many quality OT on the market so we had to move fast and with a strong offer. We basically traded a 36-year-old Donald Penn and Kelechi Osemele (who graded out as the #61 OG last year) for Brown on a 2-yr prove it deal.

Archived