Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

8 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I don't know how you couldn't be more upset with these losses, you have a chance to make a statement by at least beating one of these good teams, on the road. If anything that rams game was more upsetting than all these games. Doesn't matter if we are expected to lose, when you have to play catch-up with the division now, these losses are killers.

If anything, I'm encouraged that we kept both games close. We aren't a consistent team and have a a poor head coach. People are finally starting to realize it but this is the same coach we've had for years....mediocre 

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

I never played QB - I was a RCB - but I threw a lot of footballs - and you wanna know what? I am right handed and I DID suffer an MCL sprain of my left knee. Sumbitch how 'bout that? Didnt involve a hammer - but it happened - and it didnt prevent me from pushing off my right foot and throwing the ball - not one bit. Not at all. Now again - I was never a QB - and it DID affect my mobility. I couldnt move left w/o stumbling or falling down. I couldnt cover. It took me off the field.

I'm sure pushing off your right foot with a left knee injury would be no problem. Unfortunately,  you have to land on your left left with significant force. So what do you do with no stability and a ton of pain ? Compensate with more backpedal type throws. Result ? The ball has a tendency to float.

I can't speak to where he is at, but any other player would get the benefit of the doubt. He has played the most difficult position in all of sports on one leg. From day one of his injury, Rodgers has been criticized without mention of the injury that obviously affects his performance and no doubt has messed with his footwork. Why is that ? Call me confused. Just because he got a big contract, doesn't mean he should be unaffected by injury. 

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I'm sure pushing off your right foot with a left knee injury would be no problem. Unfortunately,  you have to land on your left left with significant force. So what do you do with no stability and a ton of pain ? Compensate with more backpedal type throws. Result ? The ball has a tendency to float.

I can't speak to where he is at, but any other player would get the benefit of the doubt. He has played the most difficult position in all of sports on one leg. From day one of his injury, Rodgers has been criticized without mention of an injury that obviously affects his performance and no doubt has messed with his footwork. Call me confused

Again - I'm not some ball buster who micro-coaches a players performance. Not my style or what my comments add up to. More often than not, I'm cutting the player(s) slack - which can fun afoul of some of the hard ***** around here - but thats a different matter.

But I do have an semi-informed opinion about some things - from the athlete's perspective at least.

I'm not saying my throwing a football around has a lot to do with what AR's up to - but - I was able to get my shoulder into passes more than (what I think) AR is doing now. If anything, I believe our OL deficiencies are causing him to move more than his knee would like - and causing him to release the ball quicker or at odd arm angles than the norm. Brady was delivering the ball overhead and using his shoulder far more than AR - but Brady was passing from a "statue position" most of the time.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Again - I'm not some ball buster who micro-coaches a players performance. Not my style or what my comments add up to. More often than not, I'm cutting the player(s) slack - which can fun afoul of some of the hard ***** around here - but thats a different matter.

But I do have an semi-informed opinion about some things - from the athlete's perspective at least.

I'm not saying my throwing a football around has a lot to do with what AR's up to - but - I was able to get my shoulder into passes more than (what I think) AR is doing now. If anything, I believe our OL deficiencies are causing him to move more than his knee would like - and causing him to release the ball quicker or at odd arm angles than the norm. Brady was delivering the ball overhead and using his shoulder far more than AR - but Brady was passing from a "statue position" most of the time.

OMG - Brady doesn't have a significant knee injury !!! You are actually ignoring the injury while we are talking about people ignoring the injury. 

58 minutes ago, Kepler said:

In other words, yes he's immune to observation and criticism

No, but I don't think he is the big problem here.  My beef with him is he won't take what the defense gives him but I do want him to be our starting QB going forward.  Perhaps a new voice and approach will breath life into this stagnant offense. 

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Relax ? You are ignoring the injury while we are talking about people ignoring the injury. 

Actually I'm not. If you need to confirm this comment - I suggest you reread my previous ones. That said - we''ve reached a conclusion here no?

A closing thought just offered by Zack Kruse, If you disagree with it in some way - dont tell me - he can be found on Twitter.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Actually I'm not. If you need to confirm this comment - I suggest you reread my previous ones. That said - we''ve reached a conclusion here no?

A closing thought just offered by Zack Kruse, If you disagree with it in some way - dont tell me - he can be found on Twitter.

Now we are talking about 2 separate issues. One look at wide receiver separation last night answers that question

Just now, cannondale said:

Now we are talking about 2 separate issues. One look at wide receiver separation last night answers that question

This was already discussed yesterday on the GDT - that AR was missing or "misfiring" on open receivers. When MVS has a step on his guy - you've got to chuck it deep so he can use his speed to maintain that separation and go get the ball. Many times MVS had to come back for the ball - which was then contested by the DB behind him. EQ on the pass down the left sideline. A wide open Davante was missed.

Again - the reason for the misfires can be theorized - more than fair game - but re-defining t as anything other than a misfire cant be.

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

This was already discussed yesterday on the GDT - that AR was missing or "misfiring" on open receivers. When MVS has a step on his guy - you've got to chuck it deep so he can use his speed to maintain that separation and go get the ball. Many times MVS had to come back for the ball - which was then contested by the DB behind him. EQ on the pass down the left sideline. A wide open Davante was missed.

Again - the reason for the misfires can be theorized - more than fair game - but re-defining t as anything other than a misfire cant be.

And ......... back to ignoring the knee injury

Rodgers regularly drops the ball into a 12" net from 50 yards. So either he lost his accuracy over night or suffered a significant knee injury in week one ? If you want to burn him at the stake once healthy, go for it. Maybe he should play only when feeling 100% like Bulaga does

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

And ......... back to ignoring the knee injury

Rodgers regularly drops the ball into a 12" net from 50 yards. So either he lost his accuracy over night or suffered a significant knee injury in week one ? If you want to burn him at the stake once healthy, go for it. Maybe he should play only when feeling 100% like Bulaga does

1. No he doesn't. Those are like 30" nets and they're usually thrown from like the 25 yard line if you're talking about fade ball practice. Also he usually only hits about 1/3 of them.

2. When the hell does the knee injury stop being an excuse? He's not wearing a brace anymore. The offense is calling designated QB runs. Is Rodgers immune from criticism for the rest of the year because he's been on the injury report once? 

3. Rodgers has started 31 of the last 48 games. Bulaga has started 29 of the last 48 games. It's ridiculous to act like Rodgers isn't just as injury prone as Bulaga at this point.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

3. Rodgers has started 31 of the last 48 games. Bulaga has started 29 of the last 48 games. It's ridiculous to act like Rodgers isn't just as injury prone as Bulaga at this point.

I wonder if Rodgers injury history has any correlation to his RT being habitually injured? Never compared both of their injury history like that together. Interesting to see it side by side like that.

*Not trying to make a point, just reacting to the info*

Archived