Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ride out this season, see what the playoffs hold.

Rodgers is being grossly overpaid for what we've gotten through 8 weeks. Even the biggest Rodgers homers and McCarthy haters have to agree with that.

Lets hope some of it is the injury and the latent aftereffects of that.  Still time to turn things around.  There certainly are signs of components of the team in many areas being able to play high quality football.  There is just no consistency for a full game.  Somewhere in too many games, there are drive ending or drive extending plays that are not being made.  

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Overall, the losses to LA and NE aren't even very upsetting. Again, those were games you expect to lose when the schedule comes out. But it's also why you cant tie the Vikings at home and lose to a bad Detroit team even at Detroit. Those 2 games are the costly ones right now, not so much these last 2 weeks.

I don't know how you couldn't be more upset with these losses, you have a chance to make a statement by at least beating one of these good teams, on the road. If anything that rams game was more upsetting than all these games. Doesn't matter if we are expected to lose, when you have to play catch-up with the division now, these losses are killers.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Says it right there. Rodgers isn't playing like a 30 million dollar QB.

There is no discussion to be had about moving on from Rodgers though because he isn't going anywhere.  It makes sense for people to focus discussion on the HC that is in charge of the offense and only got a measly 1 year extension after we brought on a new GM.

37 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I hate when I hear AYORW, but’s it’s looking that way, and Rodgers hasn’t been sharp himself.

I thought AR played pretty well for 3 quarters.  We were driving to take the damn lead when Jones fumbled.  IMO that was the turning point in the game.  We aren't good enough to overcome mistakes like this especially on the road.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I don't know how you couldn't be more upset with these losses, you have a chance to make a statement by at least beating one of these good teams, on the road. If anything that rams game was more upsetting than all these games. Doesn't matter if we are expected to lose, when you have to play catch-up with the division now, these losses are killers.

It isn't even that we are losing a few games it's also that every single win has to be some miraculous come back or last second miracle.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I thought AR played pretty well for 3 quarters.  We were driving to take the damn lead when Jones fumbled.  IMO that was the turning point in the game.  We aren't good enough to overcome mistakes like this especially on the road.

Agreed, and that’s why I said AYORW.  He did ok tonight, but even by his own standards I’m sure he know it wasn’t enough.  The team around him started crumbling also.

40 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Here's the issue- the offense has 3 receivers who are playmakers: Adams, Graham, and MVS.

The patriots are not a good enough defense to stop those 3 playmakers.  So why didn't they get the ball.

If you only have 3 guys who can get open and the defense shuts them down you have your QB running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Archived